Director, Biostatistics - Methodology
Director, Biostatistics - Methodology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
This role can be based in: Morris Plains, NJ -or- Foster City, CA -or- Seattle, WA
- Contributes and is viewed as a key resource on departmental strategic initiatives.
- Offers advice to others within the company to help make better decisions and resolve problems.
- Provides statistical training to colleagues who are not statisticians.
- Works with Study Biostatisticians and Clinical Research Scientists to assist with innovative trial design, simulation and execution, and develop adaptive trials software tools as appropriate.
- Presents and/or publishes new statistical methodology within and outside of the company.
- Provides leadership for a departmental strategic initiative.
Requirements (Education and skillsets):
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are required.
- Has understanding of the business beyond the area of Biostatistics and is a recognized expert outside of the company.
- Has good understanding of state-of-the-art statistical methods for drug development.
- Able to set up and influence collaborations with external academic or government organizations to extend visibility or business need of the company.
- Able to present complex statistical concepts and thinking to others.
- Able to identify the most critical aspects of a problem/issue.
- Proficiency in R or SAS programming and software development.
- Can use competitive intelligence to influence clinical development strategies.
- 9+ years of industry experience in pharma/device/diagnostics or academia experience in clinical trial research, and a PhD degree in Biostatistics or equivalent.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Director--Biostatistics---Methodology_R0021635-2
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency