The Veterinary Technician will collaborate with the Veterinarian and Vivarium team to support animal welfare within the Gene Therapy Center of Excellence. They will be responsible for understanding advanced rodent care and treatments and breeding strategies. They will also need to demonstrate proficient technical skills, including multiple site injections, proficient rodent handling, and ability to recognize and identify rodent health concerns.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Multiple injection techniques including IV, IM, IP, and SQ
- Assist in monitoring, observing, and performing treatments within the animal facility
- Following and drafting standard operating procedures for techniques and procedures per GLP guidelines
- Communicating regularly with lab staff and vivarium team
- Maintaining appropriate record keeping per GLP and animal welfare guidelines
- Operate equipment and use supplies according to safety guidelines.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- Work on rotating weekend/holiday schedule
Education and Skills Requirements:
- A.S in Veterinary Technology, or equivalent
- RVT preferred or achieve registered status within 6 months
- 1 to 2 years of related experience in laboratory animal field
- GLP experience preferred
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Sarepta Therapeutics offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Sarepta Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and participates in e-Verify.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/qqoGWxc1zKVYTmJMsB6ow