Sr Research Associate I, Process Development
Sr Research Associate I, Process Development
Canada - Alberta - Edmonton
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Senior Research Associate I, Process Development
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Gilead Sciences in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada is seeking a knowledgeable and motivated chemist, capable of working effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment, in the Process Development department. Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With your commitment and drive, you will be part of a cross-functional drug development team whose goal is to develop curative medicines helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. With state-of-the-art research facilities and a team of experienced scientists who are passionate about developing drugs, the Process Development group at Gilead empowers every chemist to take part in the act of innovation. You will see the tangible results of your contributions in this dynamic workplace, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development. Our science-focused pursuit of excellence and teamwork has resulted in break-through development of many life-changing novel marketed products that are benefiting millions of people. With a robust pipeline of drug candidates at every developmental stage at Gilead, you will have ample opportunities to make meaningful contribution to our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases. Gilead's core values of integrity, inclusion, teamwork, excellence, and accountability shape our culture and are the foundation of our future success. Challenge yourself and make a difference in the world - Make your mark here at Gilead.
- Plan and safely execute assigned experiments, with increasing independence, which support Process Development activities and project goals.
- Make key observations during reaction, work-up and isolation.
- Interpret data effectively, draw conclusions, summarize results and communicate to project and leadership teams.
- Demonstrate an ability to recognize anomalous or inconsistent results.
- Recommend alternatives, research new methods and techniques, and proactively seek out senior personnel to discuss potential solutions to problems.
- Provide regular updates (written and verbal) to the project team supervision.
- Use strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills to provide insight into the processes used to achieve experimental results.
- Work with collaborative communication and problem-solving spirit.
- BSc in Chemistry and 2+ years of experience (Organic Chemistry focused) OR
- MSc in Organic Chemistry (or related discipline).
- Familiarity with modern purification and analytical techniques, including HPLC, NMR, mass spec.
- Well-versed in job related software (e.g. Chemdraw, Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint) and scientific literature searching tools (SciFinder, Reaxys, etc.).
- Strong desire to work in multi-disciplinary teams, learn new skills and proactively solve problems.
- Previous experience in manufacturing under GMP is an asset, but not required.
We're an equal opportunity employer. Apply online today at www.gilead.com
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Canada---Alberta---Edmonton/Sr-Research-Associate-I--Process-Development_R0021591
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency