Principal Medical Scientist, Patient Access & Quality Care (PAQ) - WEST
Principal Medical Scientist, Patient Access & Quality Care (PAQ) - WEST
United States Remote
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development.
Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them.
By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Position: Principal Medical Scientist
This is a field-based Principal Medical Scientist position within our Patient Access & Quality of Care Team (PAQ) team within U.S. Medical Affairs supporting all therapeutic areas across the Gilead portfolio in the West (CA, NV, AZ). The Medical Scientist will be part of a team that serves as the medical, scientific, and health economic lead facilitating the clinical, health economic, and scientific exchange and communication to key stakeholders across Gilead's therapeutic areas. Successful candidates will be experienced, well-organized, results-oriented healthcare professionals with a proven track record of working in the payor environment.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding and knowledge of current US healthcare system, healthcare delivery, and biotechnology drug/device development process required.
- Knowledge of HEOR disciplines, and basic understanding of biostatistics and evidence-based medicine required (i.e. research methodology, developing clinical protocols, clinical reports, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and presentation skills required. Ability to develop and deliver high-quality presentations
- Excellent project management, organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities and work effectively in a constantly changing environment in both an independent and collaborative manner.
- Experience working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment and approach; ability to network and partner with internal stakeholders including medical affairs colleagues, field-based therapeutic medical scientists, HEOR, commercial, manage markets and account manager teams; and external stakeholders, including medical thought-leaders, academic institutions, health systems, large group practices, medical directors, pharmacy directors, clinical payer leads, specialty pharmacy, and other value based and population-based groups and decision makers.
- Demonstrates a patient-centric and customer mindset and the ability to gain insights and identify customer needs and opportunities.
- Demonstrates ability and knowledge to effectively communicate medical, scientific, health economic, and business information to internal and external stakeholders through impactful presentations in a variety of different settings.
- Anticipates obstacles and difficulties that may arise in the field and resolves them in a collaborative manner.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook) is required.
- Ability to travel within the US a minimum of 50% of the time, occasionally with short notice
- Education: Advanced scientific degree required (MD, DO, PhD or PharmD strongly preferred) with experience in the pharmaceutical or related healthcare field required. PhD or additional degree in health economics, health outcomes, public health or health policy is a plus.
- Clinical and/or pharmaceutical industry experience in Gilead therapeutic fields strongly preferred (e.g., HIV, HCV, HBV, Oncology, Fibrosis, Inflammation).
- Comprehensive knowledge of managed markets, HEOR, and disease management with at least 8 years of experience in Pharmaceutical industry, managed care, or similar organization is required (e.g., field based medical/HEOR) with >10 years preferred.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States--Remote/Principal-Medical-Scientist--Patient-Access---Quality-Care--PAQ----WEST_R0021602-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency