Manager, Conventions & Tradeshows
Manager, Conventions & Tradeshows
United States - California - Foster CityUnited States - New Jersey - Morris Plains
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Manager, Conventions & Tradeshows
The general overview of this role is to support the assigned Gilead Sciences product/brand or functional teams in developing, delivering, and managing the various convention/tradeshow strategies, plans, logistics, tactics and resources. These teams may include relevant partners/stakeholders in the U.S. Commercial, Medical Affairs and Global Commercial Organizations and potentially other Gilead Sciences groups. This role provides oversight on end to end customer experiences for conventions.
- Organize and coordinate exhibits, conventions, tradeshow booth build, whether directly managed or managing these activities through internal/external partners, content agencies and exhibit house. Provide onsite management and oversight for applicable conventions. Ideally have worked on various size convention booths (tabletop up to 100x100)
- Collaborate with internal partners (primarily marketing and medical leads), stakeholders, and external partners to develop an in-depth understanding of their business needs and objectives and execute vision into successful conventions.
- Manage budget and resource allocation for assigned conventions. Responsible for goals and objectives meeting high-standards and within budget. Ensure the most cost-efficient and effective resources are deployed to avoid redundancies in work efforts
- Independently manage all aspects of congress / event development and execution, including but not limited to overall project management, vendor & agency management, executive communication, approval on key aspects of the congress or event, leadership of cross functional steering committees, share best practices and develop best-in-class convention strategies to support business objectives, drive decisions and action
- Manage without authority, leadership and oversight of conventions led by team to ensure consistency and continuity across the organization
- Ensure all convention activities are fully compliant with governing laws, regulations, as well as Gilead policies and procedures.
- Accountable for strategic multi-year planning, budget management and optimization, vendor management, and collaboration and partnership with Marketing, Sales, CL&D, PRC, Medical, Business Conduct, peers within the Meeting & Events Department, and other internal and external partners
- Evaluate vendor services according to industry standards and stakeholder requirements and communicate and gain buy-in on recommendations, negotiate contracts to fulfill project and business needs, while optimizing budget, significant expectation setting and vendor management responsibilities
- Establish (or refresh) procedures for key activities to improve overall efficiencies, streamline execution and measure effectiveness
- Provide guidance to less experienced team members, vendors and manage third party staff to ensure work is aligned with meeting plans and objectives.
Knowledge & Skills/Competencies
- Extensive understanding and application of convention planning principles, concepts, practices and industry standards.
- Experience partnering with associations, content agencies, exhibit house and other vendors
- Proven ability in setting convention strategy, attendee engagement and pre/post conference metrics
- Demonstrate analytical expertise: ability to use a combination of logic, analysis and relevant experience to assess a situation and accurately define the problem and scope of the primary issue
- Demonstrate influence: excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills with ability to influence senior management and to establish effective working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Demonstrate initiative: excellent task management skills including proactivity, planning, prioritization, objective setting, meeting management and plan
- Experience working with C level executives
- Able to be successful working independently as well as within the context of a team
- Ability to think with an enterprise mindset
- 7 - 12 years of relevant Convention/Tradeshow Exhibit Industry Management
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience partnering with associations, content agencies, exhibit house and other vendors - required
- CTSM courses preferred, CTSM Certification - ideal
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry - strongly preferred
Required Skills & Experience
- All Demonstrated ability to set, plan and meet internal deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to manage and influence key stakeholders at the managerial level or higher
- Ability to collaborate and communicate cross-functionally
- Operations and project management experience
- Ability to lead and manage processes and or project steps
- Experience taking leadership roles as assigned
- Up to 20% overnight travel
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Manager--Conventions---Tradeshows_R0021561-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency