Finance Director Brazil
Finance Director Brazil
Brazil - Sao Paulo
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
We are seeking the Finance Director (FD) for Brazil based in Sao Paulo reporting to the regional Finance Lead. The FD will primarily support the General Manager, and more broadly the Brazilian leadership team on all aspects of strategic, commercial, and financial decision-making, acting as a facilitator of the affiliate strategy.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Support the General Manager in delivering optimal performance from the Brazilian affiliate and ensure all risks and opportunities are understood by Latin America management.
- Represent the Finance organization in the Brazilian Leadership Team by focusing on strategic issues across multiple functions and establishing stretched yet attainable plans for the Brazilian organization.
- Support all price negotiation and any other activities related to pricing for all franchises, providing input on price optimization and performing scenario analysis.
- Negotiate tenders and pricing with various institutions
- Works with the International Financial Shared Service Centre (FSS)) to ensure robust country-level Accounting, Controllership, Tax, Treasury and Procurement including robust financial controls and management of risks, facilitated by strong collaborative relationships.
- Manage and facilitate Tax audit and all other local requirements.
- Delivers a timely, smooth, accurate and consistent month end close and reporting fully compliant to Local/USGAAP requirements.
- In close collaboration with ICR FP&A, Local Finance Team and the Brazilian Commercial and Medical departments develop robust, accurate and fact-based revenue projection models based on patient data.
- In close collaboration with the commercial organization ensure a clear link between Brand Plan/POA and OPEX budget and monitor actual actions/investments vs plan.
- Provide strategic direction to, develop and lead a Finance team of two direct reports.
- Act as a member of ICR Finance and Global CFO Leadership Team. Expected to actively engage in company-wide Finance projects, i.e. ensuring the finance operating model is fit for purpose, efficient & scalable, as well as well-controlled and with deep, best-in-class expertise.
- Ensures optimal and consistent Finance processes, leveraging the FSS and ICR FP&A
- Play a critical role in paving the way for digital transformation in bringing the Brazilian organization to the next level in creating an overarching sense of purpose.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
With a unique Company culture, strong core values, operating in an industry with complex reimbursement policies and regulatory environments, we are seeking an experienced individual with proven cultural adaptability and relevant industry experience, preferably at an operational level as country Finance Director. Ideally the candidate will have gained exposure to working within a US corporate environment.
Detailed requirements include:
- Experience in life sciences, healthcare, biotech would be an advantage, as would exposure to US corporate environments.
- Experience in leading the process involving external stakeholders in Brazil.
- BA or BS degree in accounting or equivalent with a CPA or MBA. Relevant experience at a supervisory level. Tax, Treasury and Financial Accounting experience required. Must have a significant in-depth proficiency in all aspects of accounting and finance, including technical aspects (SOX and US GAAP included).
- An in-depth knowledge of SAP or equivalent ERP system and proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook).
- Fluent in Portuguese and English
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an inquisitive mind which can think outside-the-box, and the ability to work effectively in a matrix organisation with multiple functions, together with a positive attitude and strong work ethic required.
- Strong, proven business partnering mentality based on a genuine interest for the underlying business. Has the maturity and awareness to strike a balance between supporting and challenging the business.
- Balance results-oriented and process-oriented approach with the ability to facilitate and ensure Country GM and other Leadership members are best placed to achieve success. Be optimistic but realistic in your approach.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with diverse audiences and be perceived as a leader yet is hands-on. Consistently retains a sense of the bigger picture' and the most important levers.
- Possess an open and transparent approach to working with colleagues, combined with the ability to work and succeed in a non-political way.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Brazil---Sao-Paulo/Finance-Director-Brazil_R0021523-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency