Sr. Director, Commercial Contracting and Operations
Sr. Director, Commercial Contracting and Operations
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Sr Director Commercial Contracting and Operations based in Foster City, CA, has direct responsibility for the oversight of Managed Care and Medicaid Contracting and Reimbursement teams across various US payer segments. In this role, you would report directly to the Executive Director Pricing and Contracting and serve as a vital member of the Pricing and Contracting Leadership Team. This exciting leadership role offers the right candidate the opportunity to impact patient access to life-saving therapies significantly.
- Responsible for the execution of contracting strategies for all US brands, including both new products and existing products in various stages of their lifecycle. Oversee the implementation of approved contracting plan(s).
- Ensure timely and accurate adjudication of reimbursement requirements
- Drive operational cost savings and identify and implement revenue leakage protections
- Facilitate and responsible for the governance of contracting decision-making forums and be a member of various US pricing and contracting-related committees
- Partner with Finance and Accounting and provide input and insight into Gross to Net (GTN) calculations and revenue planning.
- Provide guidance and input to the evaluation of new contracts across segments and coordinate the development of contract evaluation
- Establish standard methodologies across the Contracting and Reimbursement teams to ensure operational efficiency, accuracy, and compliance in day-to-day work.
- Work across Gilead and its partners to ensure transparency and collaboration into critical decisions (Legal, Finance, Accounting, Brand Team Leads, etc.).
- Flexible to work in an environment with changing priorities and have strong project management skills
- Possess excellent analytical and business insight skills.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on time management, follow-through, and issue recognition abilities
- Ensures best-in-class operational support across multiple disciplines and represents the department in developing strong business relationships with key functional leaders.
- Delegates significant responsibilities to subordinate managers and holds them accountable for results.
- Strong working knowledge of healthcare industry-related datasets (e.g., IMS, WKH, NCPDP, etc.)
Bachelor\'s Degree and Fourteen Years\' Experience
Masters\' Degree and Twelve Years\' Experience
Ph.D. and Twelve Years\' Experience
- 14 years experience in management consulting, business, or pharma/biotech sales, finance, and marketing or 12 years experience with an advanced degree
- Demonstrate strong US payer knowledge, payer contracting frameworks, and decision making
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint and a working knowledge of 3rd party claim processing and contracting tools (e.g., Model N, Apttus, etc.). Proficiency of Tableau a plus.
- Experience in HCV, HIV, or Oncology therapeutic areas desired
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Director--Commercial-Contracting-and-Operations_R0021529-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency