Senior Immunologist; Group Leader
IMIDomics, Inc. is a privately held biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of new medicines for the treatment of immune-mediated inflammatory diseases (IMIDs). IMIDomics’ Precision Discovery Platform combines and analyzes clinical, epidemiologic, and biomolecular data to uncover new insights about IMIDs including rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease and systemic lupus erythematosus. IMIDomics utilizes a proprietary digital bioinformatics portal that integrates and interrogates data to generate novel insights into disease mechanisms, including identification of potential new drug targets. Headquartered in San Francisco, California, and with a Permanent Establishment in Barcelona, the company is actively conducting discovery programs and is expanding the R&D team in Barcelona focused on accelerating new target identification and validation.
- Laboratory leader, responsible for all scientific aspects of experimental studies for target identification and validation
- Design, perform and investigate in vivo studies in rodents and non-human primates.
- Develop and perform routine cell based and biochemical assays supporting various programs
- Lead and develop a newly formed team, establish state-of-the-art assays and ensure operational excellence in execution and documentation
- Coordinate scientific collaboration projects with academic and industry partners as well as CROs
- Play an active role in proposing and evaluating new therapeutic target opportunities and play an expert role on the committees that manage and shape our drug portfolio
- PhD in immunology, biochemistry, cell biology, in vitro pharmacology or a related discipline
- A proven track record with in vitro, ex vivo and/or in vivo cellular immunology, with a strong background in inflammation biology and diseases
- Significant experience in T-cell, B-cell, dendritic cell, macrophage, and neutrophil biology
- Ideally, expertise and proven track record in the discovery of therapeutic antibodies and proteins in a biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry environment
- Support studies to demonstrate proof of concept and profile drug candidates
- Strong leadership ability along with a high level of assertiveness as well as excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, as well as outstanding analytical thinking
- Ability to challenge the status quo and to embrace change as well as curiosity and a passion for research
- Fluent in written and spoken English with excellent communication and presentation skills
Other job details: Eligible for relocation package.
Employment eligibility: IMIDomics is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin or disability.
Application: If you are interested, send us your application including cover letter, CV and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Offering: A highly competitive salary. Exceptional opportunities for learning and growth. Leading role in developing target validation and preclinical studies. A bright, highly motivated team working at the intersection of the most exciting areas of science and technology.
Apply for Senior Immunologist; Group Leader
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly