Sr. Manager, Medical Affairs - Oncology
Sr. Manager, Medical Affairs - Oncology
Canada - Ontario - Mississauga
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager, Medical Affairs to join the cross-functional team for Oncology in Gilead Sciences Canada. The Senior Medical Manager will focus on developing and executing the medical strategy in Canada and will be a well organized and results-oriented healthcare professional. This role requires very close collaboration with national and international colleagues from within Medical Affairs and the extended cross-functional team. The role is office-based and will report to the Director, Medical Affairs - Oncology.
- Develops and Executes Medical Affairs activities and scientific projects based on the medical strategy and Plan of Action, in close collaboration with other global medical team members. Will be involved in the planning and development of the local Medical Affairs plan in the Therapeutic Area.
- Medical lead within the cross-functional brand and launch team.
- Develops and conducts medical education and communication activities, including digital, face-to-face, and print.
- Is a company representative to groups of experts, medical professional groups, societies, patient representatives, regulatory groups, and represents the company at national and international scientific meetings.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with our key national external medical experts locally and internationally, including academic societies.
- Plans and conducts Advisory Boards as needed to obtain insights.
- Presents scientific and clinical data in a variety of different settings.
- Works collaboratively with Gilead personnel in European affiliates, Global Medical Affairs, Clinical Research, Marketing, Market Access, Sales, Regulatory Affairs, Drug Safety, Public and Government Affairs.
- Supports the generation of scientific data through collaboration with the Gilead personnel in R&D and Clinical Operations, site support in clinical trials, and by developing local clinical trials including study protocols, as needed.
- Is involved in supporting and coordinating Investigator Sponsored Trials - including collaboration with investigators and internal Gilead personnel.
- Advanced scientific degree (i.e. MD, PharmD, PhD)
- Excellent clinical and scientific understanding of oncology, preferably hematology
- At least 5 years' experience in a relevant medical/scientific role, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry and with product launch experience
- Ability to embrace Gilead's leadership commitments and patient-centric values, including highest ethical and compliance standards
- Strategic mindset with a focus on collaboration and excellence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, along with the ability to understand, analyse and communicate medical concepts in a clear and concise way.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to successfully navigate fast and dynamic situations where there is ambiguity, uncertainty, and change
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and prioritization
- Ability to work in a cross-functional matrix
- Resilient and strong commercial acumen with the ability to deliver in a very competitive environment.
- Operational excellence.
- Analytical with systematic approach to prioritization.
- Strong team player and cross functional approach.
- Curious, with learning agility.
Gilead Core Values :
- Integrity (doing what's right)
- Teamwork (working together)
- Excellence (being your best)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Canada---Ontario---Mississauga/Bilingual-Manager--Medical-Affairs---Oncology_R0020171-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency