Executive Director Established Products Business Lead
Executive Director Established Products Business Lead
United States - California - Foster CityUnited Kingdom - Uxbridge
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Reporting to the Vice President, Global Commercial Product Strategy (GCPS), Inflammation, Liver & Portfolio you will be responsible for overseeing Gilead's Established Products (EP) portfolio. This includes leading the development and implementation of Gilead's EP global business plan, associated processes and building competency. Gilead currently defines EPs as products without label-enhancing evidence generation to be initiated, or patent expiration (whichever comes first).
- Form and lead a highly engaged team of multiple EP-focused colleagues including Portfolio Management, Program Leads, and Execution Leads
- Assume enterprise leadership and optimize the profitability of the Established Products portfolio across three (3) key categories: Invest, Harvest, Exit/Divest; closely aligning with appropriate GCPS Leadership Team peers and cross-functional partners including but not limited to medical affairs, clinical development, regulatory, manufacturing and finance.
- Specifically, oversee the targeted investment plans for key brands, the profitability maximization efforts for others, and the divestiture and sunsetting efforts for select brands.
- Assume a player / coach role by taking on primary accountability for several key therapeutics, to optimize profitability (closely aligned with GCPS) and secondary focus on the harvesting portfolio; Serving as EP Project Lead for the two other brands.
- Oversee the development and implementation of EP-specific, enterprise-wide operating model, processes, governance and competency models.
- Lead enterprise-wide change management and vision for the above-market EP organization; set EP-specific KPIs aligned to organizational goals/needs.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, and Track Record
Experience & Track Record
An influential business leader with:
- At least 16 years of relevant commercial leadership experience in biotech or pharma; including sales & marketing or 14 years' experience is required for those who hold an advanced degree (MBA, MS Analytics, PhD, etc.)
- Substantial P&L management experience, ideally for established products with a keen focus on profitability and a track record of making important trade-off decisions
- Strong track record in reducing organizational complexities and closely managing expenses across S&M, COGS, etc.
- A demonstrated ability to build high-performing teams
- Global experience working with or in multiple key markets
- Experience collaborating with many functions such as manufacturing, regulatory, clinical development, value & access, medical affairs
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement global business plans as well as new processes and competencies
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrated by the ability to identify business and/or P&L opportunities and provide appropriate recommendations to senior management
- Skilled in managing a globally dispersed team, building a distinctive team culture and developing people into leadership positions
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence, motivate and persuade others; skilled facilitator, negotiator and counselor
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Executive-Director---Established-Products-Business-Lead_R0021465-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency