People Technology Specialist I
People Technology Specialist I
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
In this role, you will join a fast-paced Human Resources team as a People Technology Specialist. You will be reporting into the Workday & Systems Support team and serving as the first point of contact for People Technology (formally known as HRIS) inquiries.
We are looking for a candidate who is enthusiastic about their career in Human Resources. This role, although challenging, should be viewed as a developmental opportunity within the broader scope of HR Operations and HRIS / People Technology. A successful team member will be extremely detail oriented, flexible with continuous process/system changes, and will be able to handle a high pressure, deadline heavy environment.
- Managing the work / case load for Workday & Systems Support team. Including but not limited to first line questions that come into the Case management system.
- Proficiency with troubleshooting system issues/errors reported by HR COEs and occasional escalations from employees / contractors.
- Identifying data integrity issues and creating/executing processes to address this via audits, automation etc.
- Automating and streamlining Workday & Systems Support day to day responsibilities.
- Actioning on tickets: agency maintenance, job profile creation/updates, assigning access, password resets. Completing EIB loads for positions, one-time payments, employee changes etc.
- Review report/data requests and work with team members to determine if data can be released, and where the information should come from (i.e. PeopleSoft, Workday, HRA), and if there is a possibility to automate/simplify report requests.
- Proactively document new processes and or update missing steps process documents, as needed.
- Training new team members and proactively reaching out to the team to ensure everyone understands new/updated processes.
- Reviewing incoming Workday access requests to ensure the request makes sense; provisioning after discussing with People Technology.
- On occasion will be asked to test HR Ops & TA Workday fixes/enhancements.
- Ad Hoc Projects such as data clean ups, assisting People Technology team with Offer Letter re-vamps (creating offer letter templates & text blocks)
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- 3+ years of hands on HRIS (Workday specifically) experience is required.
- Preferred experience with various Workday Modules: Recruiting, Offer/Onboarding, Performance, Compensation, Benefits, Time, Absence, Security.
- Strong experience with MS Office Suite. Excel proficiency (i.e., formulas, vlookups, pivot tables).
- Ability to keep up with frequent updates to Business Processes within Workday
- Ability to prioritize daily issues, tasks, and projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, business writing, and communication skills are required.
- Experience with Case Management Tool such as Service Now is preferred.
- Ability to work cross functionally with various groups: HR Operations, People Technology, Legal, other HR COEs, etc.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/People-Technology-Specialist-I_R0021469
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency