Digital Applications (Microsoft Power Platform & Salesforce) Technical Lead
Digital Applications (Microsoft Power Platform & Salesforce) Technical Lead
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization. Please check out more at https://nccareers.gilead.com/
The Digital Applications (Microsoft Power Platform & Salesforce) Technical Lead will be responsible to manage digital application development supporting various initiatives that enable custom development. This involves communication with business stakeholders, operational and development teams and IT leadership. This role requires a combination of technical and leadership skills, working with platforms such as Salesforce, Microsoft Power Apps, Microsoft Power Automate and other relevant technologies.
The role will provide guidance and oversight to developers, delivery teams and will serve as a subject matter expert and represent platform interests and assisting in development of strategic direction. This role will contribute to the development of detailed plans including but not limited to budget planning, SaaS version release management for Salesforce and Microsoft Power Platform. Ensures high efficiency standards by proactively identifying needs to support delivery efforts, maintains high quality and deliver platform operational service level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Align portfolio & vision to the business strategy (Governance & Roadmap)
- Partner with business stakeholders across the enterprise in order to manage and prioritize the demand
- Continually build the future digital roadmap to have an ongoing, significant impact towards meeting strategic business goals
- Present ideas and forward-looking plans to, and engage directly with, cross-functional leaders on regular basis within and outside of IT
- Evaluates business challenges and effectively designs, estimates, proposes, recommends, and delivers solutions in the Salesforce.com and Microsoft Power Platform ecosystem
- Assist in migrating legacy .NET based applications to modern cloud platforms such as Salesforce/Power Apps etc.
- Proven experience with data modeling, flow charting, UI design and Agile.
- Experience building Lightning pages and leveraging AppExchange packages.
- Understanding of PowerApps, CDS, PowerApps Portals, Power Automate, Visual Force Pages, Process Builders, Lightning Components, APEX, SOAP/REST/Bulk APIs, Third Party ETL and real-time integration tools, Salesforce Connect, etc.
- Lead full project lifecycle from intake through deployment, as well as communication, change management and team mobilization/ onboarding
- Work with delivery teams (within the org and other application SMEs) to ensure project delivery is timely, high quality and adheres to best practices.
- Establish, track and report on project value drivers and financial impact
- Contribute to building the repository of tools, playbooks and best practices
- Proactively offer innovative technologies, solution ideas, and potential business process improvements in pursuit of driving efficiencies and meeting business needs
- Leads and supports projects including management of third-party vendors / contractors.
- Manage relationships with our strategic software vendors and service providers
- Work closely with Compliance, Internal Audit and Quality Assurance groups as needed to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and GxP regulations
Associates Degree and Twelve Years Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Ten Years' Experience OR Masters' Degree and Eight Years' Experience
- 8+ years managing multiple platforms and working with vendors
- 3+ years in a management role including managing internal resources highly desired
- Pharmaceutical Industry experience strongly desired
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Power platform and/or Salesforce with strong hands-on experience with at least one technology mentioned above
- Hands-on experience with Power BI is a plus
- Hands-on experience with AWS, robotic automation tools such as Blue Prism is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer focused and ability to work independently and manage multiple initiatives
- Demonstrated experience transforming businesses through enterprise-wide large-scale transformation initiatives such as digital automation, process redesign, and/or operating model design initiatives
- Hands-on Agile delivery experience
- Relevant certifications on Salesforce and/or Microsoft Power Platform are a plus
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Digital-Applications-and-Automation-Technical-Lead_R0019969-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency