Sr Research Associate II, Protein Sciences
Sr Research Associate II, Protein Sciences
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences has an opportunity for a highly motivated Senior Research Associate II to join the Protein Sciences group. The successful candidate will be part of essential protein chemistry group to support projects across multiple therapeutic areas and responsible for purification and characterization of recombinant proteins to support assay development, high throughput screening, structural biology and other needs.
The successful candidate is expected to work independently and display professional judgment in all aspects of daily research and presentations. This person will work in collaboration with research project teams to purify and characterize a variety of recombinant proteins. The candidate should be team-oriented, hard-working, friendly and interested in learning new skills.
Qualifications and key responsibilities:
- BS or MS in biology, biochemistry or related field with minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- A detailed knowledge of protein biochemistry and protein engineering, with several years of experience in purifying and characterizing a variety of recombinant proteins
- Technical proficiency in the use of AKTA instruments, hands-on experience with a diverse range of column chromatography methods including affinity, SEC, IEX and HIC.
- Hands-on experience running analytical assays for protein characterization using the following techniques: SEC-HPLC, SDS-PAGE, Western blot, UV-Vis, BCA assay, Bradford assay.
- Experience in the expression of proteins in bacterial, mammalian, or baculovirus expression systems is a plus.
- Independently plans, executes experiments. Demonstrates and applies advanced level of understanding to project goals and methods.
- Participates in group meetings. Presents results of work, interprets data, and draws conclusions regarding presented material and nature of work.
- Maintains familiarity with scientific literature and applies appropriately to research projects.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Research-Associate-II--Protein-Sciences_R0021397
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency