Senior Director: Global Value & Access, Global Pricing & Analytics HIV & Emerging Viruses
Senior Director: Global Value & Access, Global Pricing & Analytics HIV & Emerging Viruses
United States - California - Foster CityUnited Kingdom - Uxbridge
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Global Pricing Analytics function within Global Value and Access partners with a cross-functional team on the brand-specific pricing strategy, and leads operational pricing and analytics activities. You would work closely with internal stakeholders across Global Pricing & Analytics, Global Value & Access (GV&A), Local Value & Access, Finance, Legal, IT, Global Commercial Product Strategy (GCPS), Global Analytics & Insights, and other relevant internal & 3rd party/external partners.
In this role, you would report to the Executive Director of Global Pricing & Analytics within Global Value & Access, and partner closely with our HIV Global Value & Access and HIV GCPS teams.
HIV Pricing Strategy
- Scope covers the Gilead HIV portfolio, which includes in-line products such as Biktarvy, Descovy and Veklury, as well as pipeline products such as Lenacapavir.
- Partner with V&A in conducting relevant pricing secondary and primary market research activities, and pre-launch pricing studies to evaluate pricing potential based on unmet need/value, stakeholder expectations, competitive pricing landscape and pricing benchmarks
- Lead Global Pricing & Analytics activities & deliverables in partnership with V&A, and other key stakeholders, such as - analyzing pricing intel from available sources, developing Global Pricing Policies, driving Launch Sequence Optimization and Reference Pricing analytics, supporting Contracting/Tendering guidance, and supporting strategies for ensuring value-based price negotiation and/or communication
- Support V&A with the long range planning / forecast process by developing pricing templates and capturing data to provide a roll up of the pricing assumptions in key countries - analyzing any list price changes, gross-to-net variances or pricing impacts that are inconsistent with pricing guidelines and commercial strategy
- Responsible for monitoring and tracking price trends, country pricing needs and requests, and managing any relevant pricing requests, including guiding any reviews to be escalated for discussion in the Global Pricing Committee.
- Guide review of pricing proposals against global pricing guidelines. Support Strategic Pricing, V&A TA leads and local affiliates to prepare pricing business cases for sound & timely decision-making. Support ED of pricing & analytics to escalate prices to Global Price Committee decision-making as needed
- Support local affiliates and V&A with pricing operations i.e. price certifications, price evolution analysis, brand/indication-specific pricing implications, pricing policy and landscape changes, etc.
- Knowledgeable about pricing regulations, payer systems & archetypes in priority countries (and preferably across regions or the globe), including deep expertise in local pricing setting mechanisms
- Able to track and assess implications from major changes to pricing regulations and mechanisms worldwide (i.e. pricing reform, change in pricing rules).
- Develop price modeling (international referencing pricing impact on revenues to support strategic pricing considerations, retrospective case reviews, price/volume tradeoffs, country supply, and policy impacts to inform key business decisions. Support development of brand/indication P&R regulatory sequence/launch sequence, and pricing strategy optimization across product lifecycle.
- Build and employ advanced analytical tools (i.e. competitive and analog price intel, pricing performance KPIs, IRP impact sizing, etc.) to assist affiliates with monitoring price strategy and gross-to-net impacts
- Act as subject matter expert to provide price intel leveraging available multiple 3rd party secondary data resources i.e. PriceCentric, MIDAS, DRG, SSR, Analysource, and internal finance data to create pricing analogues analysis, competitive pricing reports/Tableau dashboards for key GV&A deliverables and ad-hoc analysis for BD opportunities
- Prior knowledge and experience in the HIV Therapeutic Area (highly preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 14 years' relevant experience or a minimum of 12 years' experience with an advanced degree in Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics, Health Economics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Health Policy, or any related quantitative field
- An Advanced degree is preferred
- Understanding of pricing, access, health economics and commercialization strategy (required)
- Relevant experience in healthcare or pharmaceutical industry (required)
- General understanding of value-based pricing story needs, gaps and requirements to suit market / payer requirements in relevant markets (required)
- Ability to communicate financial impact of pricing initiatives on overall business objectives (required)
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in the following aspects (required):
- Designing or implementing pricing strategies at country level
- Financial planning, forecasting or demand planning
- Pricing, financial or statistical analytics,
- As applicable, developing, monitoring, and querying syndicated databases, MS SQL Server, Tableau dashboards, and Alteryx workflows
- Ability to synthetize, critically analyze, efficiently communicate large volume of information, identify risks and develop recommendations (required)
- Experience interacting with third party data tools (PriceCentric, MIDAS, DRG) and knowledge of top key markets health care systems and/or pricing regulations (US, EU5, Canada, Japan, China) is highly desirable
- Ability to understand the organization's strategy and apply to product pricing strategies (preferred)
- Analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills and strong Excel skills (required)
- Demonstrated appropriate level of leadership experience. Requires high levels of competence, confidence and credibility in engaging senior leaders, as well as cross-functional teams, and achieving high quality deliverables through strong collaboration
- Ability to consistently provide clear and concise written and verbal communication; excellent presentation skills, excellent English communication skills (both oral and written). Strategic and tactical decisions will be made based upon data the individual provides and/or presents in a management or informal setting
- Demonstrated professional track record of values that are core to Gilead (integrity, inclusion, teamwork, excellence, accountability)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-Director--Global-Value---Access--Global-Pricing---Analytics---HIV---Emerging-Viruses_R0021440-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency