Associate Director, Data Acquisition, Clinical Data Science
Associate Director, Data Acquisition, Clinical Data Science
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
- Operationalize Global Data Office, in sync with Enterprise efforts of Delphi, Marvel and North Star
- Set up processes for (secondary) data lifecycle management
- Support operating model and change management considerations for data governance across the enterprise
- Establish data as an enterprise asset by x-functional partnering & serving as the data steward / expert across the enterprise
- Influence data architecture in sync (& partnership) with the IT driven technical architecture
- Support the analytics work bench, by enabling data search via catalogs across the enterprise
- Collaborate cross-functionally to design and build an enterprise data marketplace, for easy access to information about data assets
- Serve as the in-house expert of the existing and evolving data assets in the industry
- Collaborate with other functional leads to developed and implement a harmonized data acquisition process, data on-boarding, and utilization considerations
- Serve as the internal expert for consulting on the existing data sources, along with the pros and cons of the different assets
- Organize knowledge sharing sessions, bringing in industry experts and vendor partners with information on trends and best practices
- Collaborate with data consumers as the data expert to help deliver actional insights to the business
- Operate with Enterprise mindset, with a strong focus on outcome
Ensure Data Quality, Privacy and Protection:
- Author, publish & own key data governance policies (e.g. Data Quality, Data Definition, Data Creation), in collaboration with cross functional data governance council
- Partner with legal and compliance to account for and uphold diverse privacy and compliance requirements across geographies
- Operationalize technology and process-based protections for data integrity, privacy, and regulatory compliance, including assurances for analysis validity
- Be abreast of changing regulations relating to pharmaceutical data and ensure compliance with regulations from the systems and data consumption perspective
- Enable internal and external data scientists and marketing sciences colleagues to leverage available data & systems by providing resources, tools, and trainings
- Negotiate One Gilead contracts with third party providers
- Bachelor\'s degree with 8+ years' experience with extensive knowledge of pharma data and technology; or 6+ years with MBA/MS with extensive knowledge of pharma data and technology
- Knowledge of analytics approaches in biopharma including descriptive and predictive analytics
- Understanding of emerging capabilities in natural language processing, unstructured data, etc. and potential application in pharma/health care
- Ability to help translate complex data insights into actionable business recommendations
- Excellent influencing and networking skills paired with stakeholder management experience in a multi-layered global environment
- Experience with Cloud platforms (like AWS) preferred
- Experience in Agile methodology and execution and design thinking
- Availability to travel internationally as required
Results orientation. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. You will have a strong drive to meet and exceed goals, even under adverse circumstances, and be willing to take ownership of problems and make decisions in order to move forward. The candidate will be adept at clearly defining objectives and priorities and establishing appropriate milestones through a strong understanding of the market and innovative approaches. You will assign accountability and incorporate disciplined processes to ensure success and nimbly handle derailments' with contingency plans and coordination.
Strategic Orientation. The successful candidate will be able to articulate evolving priorities for the business, identify market opportunities and adapt short-term plans. This includes the ability to strategically assess customer needs and build/execute specific, segmented strategies to win business across a diverse set of customers. The successful candidate will have passion for, and success in, developing data strategies that have measurable business impact.
Collaboration and Influence. The qualified candidate must be able to influence without ownership, demonstrate competence and confidence, be a good listener, and use fact-based persuasion, passion, and persistence as appropriate to the audience and issue at stake. Gaining the support and involvement of key internal constituencies will be critical to success, as well as influencing important constituencies external to the company. The successful candidate must have excellent skills at influencing outcomes and catalyzing dialogue across and outside the organization. Credibility and integrity are critical to effectively command the respect and trust of key individuals.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Director--Data-Acquisition--Clinical-Data-Science_R0021345
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency