Executive Director, Real World Evidence Generation
Executive Director, Real World Evidence Generation
United States - California - Foster CityUnited Kingdom - UxbridgeUnited States - District of Columbia - WashingtonIreland - DublinUnited States - New Jersey - Morris PlainsUnited States - North Carolina - RaleighUnited Kingdom - CambridgeUnited States - Washington - Seattle
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
*** Position may be based onsite at the following locations: Foster City, CA, Morris Plains, NJ, Seattle WA, Washington DC, Raleigh, NC, Cambridge, UK, Stockley Park, UK and Dublin, Ireland.
The Real-World Evidence (RWE) function at Gilead is part of the Clinical Data Sciences (CDS) group within the Clinical Development organization and aims to unlock the power of Real-World Data (RWD) to help transform innovations to life-changing medicines for patients. The Executive Director, RWE Generation reports to the VP, RWE and is accountable for the development of expert enterprise capabilities in RWE analytics and study delivery in direct support of the execution of RWE strategies across all Gilead Therapeutic Areas (TA) throughout the development lifecycle.
The Executive Director provides leadership for strategic enterprise RWD initiatives and partnerships to advance Gilead's capabilities and create an integrated process framework for RWE generation, while also fostering methodological excellence and raising the level of awareness regarding the utility of RWE to support internal and external decisions. As such, they will serve as a key RWE subject matter expert across TAs and serve as a strategic partner to clinical development, medical, and commercial teams to ensure rigor and standardization in the generation and use of RWE at the global level.
The ED, RWE Generation will develop a team of observational research scientists and maintain appropriate level of resources to ensure the timeliness, quality, and utility of RWE required by regulators, as well as ensure methodological and analytical capabilities are deployed in support of payer and provider interactions. In addition, and as a member of the RWE Leadership Team (LT), the incumbent will be expected to directly shape the growth of the RWE function as a key contributor of evidence-based decisions within the Gilead Development organization.
Success in this role requires extensive experience in the pharmaceutical industry, deep knowledge of epidemiologic methods, seasoned expertise in use of RWE at different stages of the product development and commercialization processes, demonstrated ability to influence and partner with internal partners and external stakeholders, as well as a natural ability to lead and inspire.
- Serve as the single point of accountability for the execution of the entire portfolio of internally conducted RWE studies and analyses across all TAs and stages of the development lifecycle
- Ensure the deployment of innovative and robust scientific methods and capabilities in support of internal and external decisions, with a particular focus on regulatory use of RWE, across the product development lifecycle in a way that positions Gilead as a leader in RWE
- Work closely with RWE TA Heads to help guide RWE strategy and develop an efficient and effective strategy for delivering against TA objectives, including leveraging standardized analytical tools and a cohesive data partnering approach
- Provide leadership for enterprise initiatives to advance Gilead's RWE generation capabilities and collaborate closely with other functions (e.g., Biostatistics, Statistical Programming, Information Systems) for their implementation
- Develop strong relationships with internal and external RWE ecosystem partners to anticipate the evolving landscape and identify opportunities to advance Gilead's methodological, data source, and technological interests, in order to meet the evidence needs of regulators, payers, providers, and patients
- Lead development of processes and trainings to facilitate workflow, governance, and audit preparedness relating to RWE generation activities
- Oversee the recruitment, expansion, and retention of an expert RWE generation team, by providing clarity of purpose, commitment to professional development, and focus on methodological rigor and execution excellence
- Lead a team of observational research scientists to deliver, on time and within budget, proactive RWE generation including, but not limited to: natural history of disease, population characterization, assessment of treatment patterns and unmet need, development of external comparators, benchmarking of clinical outcomes, comparative safety and effectiveness research, and post-approval safety studies
- Doctoral degree (e.g. PhD, MD, ScD, PharmD) and/or Master's degree (e.g. MSc) in Epidemiology or related discipline, such as Outcomes Research, Medicine, Biostatistics from an accredited institution, with a minimum of fourteen (14) years of relevant, post-graduation experience; preference for a minimum of eight (10) years of that experience to be in the biopharmaceutical industry, with directly involvement in the analysis of RWD and generation of RWE
- Demonstrated subject-matter expertise regarding strategic use of RWE throughout the product lifecycle, especially in support of early-stage clinical development and regulatory approvals, with a strong track record of evidence generation and scientific publications, as well as recognized thought leadership
- Proven track record of organizational leadership and leading teams, especially during times of organizational growth
- Experience of managing change with a positive approach to the challenges for self, team, and the business
- Demonstrated ability to set and manage priorities, resources, performance targets, and initiatives in a global environment
- Commitment to creating a culture of accountability, by consistently role modeling and clearly communicating its importance to drive performance across the organization
- Commitment to investing in others' development to build and strengthen a diverse talent pipeline for RWE and for Gilead
- Ability to influence and achieve goals while maintaining productive organizational relationships
- Well-developed cross-cultural sensitivity
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Executive-Director--Real-World-Evidence-Generation_R0021314-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency