Associate Director, Business Analytics & Insights - ICR - Hepatitis & Oncology
Associate Director, Business Analytics & Insights - ICR - Hepatitis & Oncology
United Kingdom - Uxbridge
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. We strive to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world. Gilead\'s portfolio of products and pipeline of investigational drugs includes treatments for HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and respiratory diseases.
This role is part of Gilead's Intercontinental Commercial Operations and sits within the Center of Excellence of Analytics and Insights reporting to Director of Analytics and Insights. Intercontinental Region currently covers Asia5, Latin America, Russia and Middle East (Distributor Markets).
This candidate should have an extensive experience of market research, forecasting, analytics and data management within the pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industry. He/she should also demonstrate track record of being a high-level contributor who has proven record of managing projects of complexity and demonstrating strong cross-functional collaboration.
This role will have the primarily business and analytic role in Hepatitis Delta Virus (HDV) area and also Oncology and will also work closely with Director of Analytics and Insights to support the development and execution of analytic and insight initiatives for Intercontinental Region. This role is based in Stockley Park, UK.
Business Analytics & Forecasting
- Owns data and reporting needs for HDV and develops analyses and insights to support the region and affiliates
- Provide support to affiliate stakeholders including provision of analytic framework, alignment of KPI and development of dashboards for tracking
- Provides support on routine and ad hoc analytics and reporting by integrating both internal and external data for presenting the regional review
- Develops insights and prepares material in preparation for the launch of a new product in HDV
- Gathers data and analyzes the market dynamics and in partnership with multiple regional and global cross functional stakeholders in order to co-develop the long-range plan, business case and also support the LE (Latest Estimate) for HDV
- Independently leads and executes various types of market research and consultancy projects
- Manage secondary market data, including needs assessment and subscription. Provide regular report and updates on market evolution and competitor performance to commercial management team
- Interprets research and analysis results and provides actionable insights to key stakeholders
- Anticipate up coming business questions and drives a forward-looking market research plan
- Works together with global and affiliate teams on market research plan to avoid duplication
- Drives effective and compliant market research practices including training and documentation
- Works with Director, Analytics and Insights to drive the implementation of new initiatives across the region.
- Collaborates with different stakeholders (e.g. Global Analytics and Insight, IT, and North Star Project team) on building underlying infrastructure and process that suits for Interconnectional Region's future reporting and analytic needs.
- Drives effective delivery of reporting, dashboard and KPI tracking
Knowledge, Experience and Competencies
- Advanced and proven forecasting modeling techniques and application
- Solid knowledge and skills in market research
- Comprehensive knowledge of source of industry data
- Ability to help stakeholders to articulate the business question and translate into an actionable analytic and insight plan
- Experience in building and managing structured databases, and dashboards/ tools
- Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint. Excellent in producing own presentation materials of high quality.
- Proficient in Tableau and knowledge in key technology is required (e.g. Cloud, SQL) is required. The candidate is expected to support the capability build out
- Fluent in English (both verbal and written), with one additional language (Chinese / Spanish/ Portuguese / Korean/ Russian) is preferred
- Strong project management skills and demonstrates ability on multi-tasking whilst meeting tight timelines
- Advanced problem-solving and analytical skills, innovative approaches to issues, and sound judgment
- Strong mindset and interpersonal communication abilities in collaboration
- Shows integrity, tenacity, resilience and adaptability in complex/ ambiguous situations and an often changing environment
- Ability to cope with Intercontinental region time zone challenge through work prisonization and adjusting working hours as appropriate
- Minimum of 7 years in the pharma/healthcare industry
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing)
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith)
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-Kingdom---Uxbridge/Associate-Director--Business-Analytics---Insights---ICR---Hepatitis-D_R0021304-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency