Director, Clinical Development Resourcing
Director, Clinical Development Resourcing
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. As part of our rapidly growing science-driven organization, colleagues at Gilead are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing urgently needed medicines to patients in the areas of HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, inflammation and respiratory diseases and cardiovascular conditions. We are proud to have some of the most talented colleagues from across the research, healthcare, pharmaceutical, biotechnology & business sectors, working together and supporting each other to help make a real difference to the lives of patients.
Senior Director, Clinical development Resourcing
Provides resource forecasting services to the Clinical Development organization via the functional heads and the respective Finance business partners. Resource forecasts (FTEs) to be maintained in Veritas (PlanisWare system) as the single source of truth for program and project planning needs. Periodic resourcing reviews occur at least three times per year and aligned with the LE cycles and new acquisitions/opt-ins. This individual is charged with conducting a thorough bottoms-up analysis as well as succinct recommendations during each round. The reviews should proceed from the lowest level (GDL/Team) up through middle-levels (functions) and summarized for Development TA Heads/DRC Chairs in partnership with Finance and the Development Chief of Staff/Head of Development Operations.
- In addition to vetting each Resourcing Review Forecast, prior forecasts will be compared with recent Time Recording Actuals in Workday to gauge whether any accuracy improvements should be sought to improve reliability and credibility of the FTE outlook.
- Additional responsibilities include ensuring resource estimates are provided for each project proposal submitted to the PC as well as maintaining functional resource algorithms (generics) as the average starting point for any new scope of work presented.
- Responsibilities include working closely with Finance to ensure alignment with budget estimates and with Project Managers to ensure accuracy re: resource estimates with regard to protocol-specific projects.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree with 12+ years or Master's degree with 10+ years of relevant systems/process/resource management/operations experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Technical proficiency in resource forecasting and related systems (PlanisWare, Tableau). Ability to consolidate and integrate multiple data sources into a single reporting framework (MS Excel with PDF Reports and/or the same in conjunction with Tableau or equivalent Visual Analytics software [e.g., Spotfire]).
- Overall knowledge of the business and portfolio, which combines with resource forecasting expertise to afford the credibility needed to perform this role well.
- Customer-service focused, with the ability to inspire confidence in leaders through demonstrated knowledge of the business and resource needs across multiple teams, franchises and Therapeutic Areas
- Proven ability to challenge resourcing requests using data, facts and overall business priorities while preserving strong connections with these same individuals being challenged.
- Working knowledge of training and related systems (PlanisWare) and reporting tools (Excel and/or visual analytics software).
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Director--Clinical-Development-Resourcing_R0021291-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency