Sr. Director, Clinical Development
Sr. Director, Clinical Development
United States - New Jersey - Morris Plains
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Board certified MD preferred with focus in Oncology/Hematology
- A minimum of 6 - 10 years' Oncology clinical development experience leading high-complexity cross-functional drug development strategies and plans preferably in the biopharma industry.
- Typically has multiple years' line management (direct reports) experience.
- Extensive experience interacting with and presenting to executives and managing large-scale budgets and other resources.
- Demonstrated excellence leading large and complex teams in life sciences.
Functional Knowledge, Business Acumen and Problem Solving:
- Has an expert-level of knowledge of the biopharma industry, as evidenced by proven track record in setting short and long-range development strategies and plans.
- Applies comprehensive understanding of procedures and practices within own discipline and emerging knowledge of related disciplines to resolve issues.
- Integrates technical / functional expertise with business / commercial knowledge through participation and coordination across cross-functional groups.
- Directs the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems by applying advanced analytical thought and judgment.
- Coaches experienced team members in resolving problems
- Typically leads all components of projects for assigned products and/or indications. Typically assigned larger and complex products.
- Typically reports to Executive Director or above.
- May have multiple direct reports.
- May be a standing member of the disease area Clinical Development Leadership Team.
- Provides matrix management and leadership to project teams across a portfolio of projects for our largest and most complex molecules.
- Independently creates and manages own budget and resource plans that may span the work across multiple Clinical Development team members.
Scope and Strategic Influence:
- Leads highly complex assignments that significantly influence the short- and long-range direction of drug development for our largest, most complex molecules.
- Routinely represents Clinical Development to leadership teams and/or steering committees and advises on short- and long-range clinical development strategies, key decision-points, trade-offs and risks that significantly influence the direction of our highest profile products.
- Impact at this level affects whether drug development strategies and milestones are achieved for a molecule or existing product that contributes significant potential revenue or existing revenue within our portfolio.
Collaboration and Partnerships:
- Represents the assigned molecule as needed in health authority interactions.
- Develops thought leader and other external relationships that can guide short- and long-range clinical development strategies and direction for assigned molecules.
- Routinely interacts with and advises cross-functional executives in and outside of Development.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---New-Jersey---Morris-Plains/Sr-Director--Clinical-Development_R0021237-2
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency