Country Medical Director (m/f/d) Netherlands
Country Medical Director (m/f/d) Netherlands
Netherlands - Amsterdam
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
We are recruiting a highly motivated, energized and passionate Country Medical Director to join our team in Netherlands.
Gilead Sciences Netherlands is based in Amsterdam and has approximately 50 employees. The Country Medical Director will lead the talented Medical Affairs Team (7 employees) and oversee projects across all therapeutic areas in the Dutch Medical Affairs. Strong collaboration with cross-functional Commercial teams, but also Governmental Affairs, Public Affairs and Market Access teams is important part of this role. The Country Medical Director will be a member of the broader ACE Medical Directors team and will participate in meetings and in activities of this group.
- Leadership - motivates the team for high performance, coaches, conducts performance evaluations, and supports the team in clearly defined goals & objectives (quantitative and qualitative).
- Has strong business acumen.
- Establishes partnership with colleagues in other functional areas across the organization.
- Provides feedback on strategic plans consistent with the Therapeutic Area Medical Affairs Plan of Action (POA) and ensures successful execution of those
- Manages operational expenses and grants budget across therapeutic areas.
- Develops and maintains positive professional relationships with current and emerging therapeutic area thought-leaders.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- The ideal candidate will be an MD or PhD with experience in one of Gilead's key areas.
- Substantial experience in pharmaceutical industry is necessary for this role.
- Must have demonstrated motivational and inspirational leadership skills, as well as organizational skills in managing priorities.
- Demonstrates high social and emotional intelligence.
- The ideal candidate will enjoy performing through others as much as being an excellent individual contributor.
- The candidate must demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills along with excellent judgment and ability to work in a teams.
- Ability to travel frequently to domestic and international conferences which can include weekend travel is required.
- Fluency in English, in addition to the local language(s), both oral and written.
- Inspiring leader with positive mindset.
- Resilient profile with the ability to deliver in an ambiguous environment.
- Ability to engage and manage multiple stakeholders to achieve the objective
- Ability to balance local and international priorities, for own position and for the team
- Curious with learning agility
- Operationally excellent
- Well organized with systematic approach to priorities.
- Oriented towards achieving key business objectives.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Netherlands---Amsterdam/Country-Medical-Director--m-f-d--Netherlands_R0020731
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency