Counsel, Commercial Contracts
Counsel, Commercial Contracts
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead\'s Legal Team is seeking a transactional attorney to join our awesome, dynamic Corporate Legal team. We are looking for an attorney with at least 2-4 years of experience in drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial contracts. This individual will be primarily responsible for supporting the contracting needs of Gilead's global commercial organization, including advising, drafting and negotiating contracts and other legal documents such as advertising, marketing, media, sponsorship, market research, and general service agreements, as well as conducting trainings, preparing internal resources and templates, and supporting legal office hours. In this role you will work closely with several other members of Corporate Legal to support the contracting needs of the commercial organization, as well as the broader Legal team to support other client groups, projects and work as needed.
We are looking for an individual who thrives in a high-volume, fast-paced, high-performing and collaborative corporate environment, who excels at and enjoys client service, and who takes pride in owning and producing high-quality work product and independently managing their workload.
The Corporate Legal team consists of 30+ smart, fun, collegial, hard-working and (occasionally) funny attorney and non-attorney professionals dedicated to Gilead's mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases. The team is responsible for corporate and securities matters; M&A, licensing, collaboration and other strategic transactions; and day-to-day contracting support for Gilead's commercial, research, facilities, manufacturing, IT, HR and other functions; and we often play a key role in coordinating with our legal and non-legal colleagues on business conduct, privacy and data protection, litigation, IP, regulatory, international and other matters.
Come join our team!
The person in this position will, among other things:
- Demonstrate excellent business judgment and ability to draft, negotiate and manage a wide range of legal documents to support the commercial organization within Gilead.
- Advise and provide training to the commercial organization on contract interpretation, dispute resolution, data security and privacy and other legal risks.
- Collaborate and work with other departments within Gilead, including Privacy, IT Security, Business Conduct, Pricing & Access, Trademark, International Legal, and Procurement.
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures, including creating and updating contract templates and standard terms.
- Train and advise other attorneys and contract specialists on the Corporate Legal team on the preparation, negotiation and execution of contracts.
- Provide support on corporate transactions and other corporate legal projects, as needed.
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to work with and coordinate activities across a large number of individuals across various departments globally.
- Appropriately manage workflow, set appropriate priorities with clients and deliver results efficiently.
- Think creatively, devise solutions to challenging problems and effectively drive issues to closure.
- Advance a positive spirit of partnership and collaboration with internal clients and legal colleagues.
- Solid grasp of contracting concepts and strong drafting and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage and serve a wide range of clients within the company by prioritizing projects and responding efficiently and pragmatically to urgent situations and demanding clients.
- A team player who is collaborative, resourceful, flexible and willing to engage in a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral), research skills and attention to detail.
- Good business judgment, high level of professional integrity and the discretion, tact and ability to maintain confidentiality on sensitive business matters.
- Dedicated to Gilead's core values of integrity, inclusion, teamwork, accountability and excellence.
- Juris Doctorate from a nationally accredited law school.
- Admission to the California state bar, registration as in-house counsel, or ability to gain admission or registration for either within 90 days.
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience at a national law firm and/or in-house experience drafting and negotiating a variety of legal contracts and transactional documents, with ability to handle responsibility with a minimum level of supervision. Experience with transactions in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry preferred, but not required.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Counsel--Commercial-Contracts_R0021224
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency