Sr. Project Management Associate
Sr. Project Management Associate
United States - New Jersey - Morris Plains
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
The Senior Project Management Associate is responsible for supporting and managing multiple assigned projects within Pharmaceutical and Biologics Operations. Project types include but are not limited to - new product introduction(s) into major market(s), management of alliance teams with business partners, technology/manufacturing transfers, and/or continuous improvement projects within commercial drug product manufacturing. Understanding of cGMP and global regulatory requirements for drug products and/or medical devices is necessary to effectively manage the majority of assigned projects or programs.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Provide project management support to projects/programs managed by the Product Launch and Change Planning (PLCP) function.
- Provide project management support to PLCP initiatives.
- Supports organization of new cross-functional project teams, define objectives and scope, identify tasks and milestones, build project schedules, identify resource needs, track execution to schedule and budget, and manage risks.
- Utilize project management best practices to efficiently manage project planning and execution.
- Establish project metrics to manage and continuously improve project performance.
- Analyze different components and tasks of a project and propose resolutions to problems and/or opportunities for improvement.
- Works in partnership with project leaders to lead and ensure timely, efficient, and effective project meetings, as well as adequate progress of team activities between meetings.
- Responsible for documenting meeting minutes as well as tracking decisions, action items, and spending.
- Manages project communications and ensures all project stakeholders are fully informed and knowledgeable of project activities and their status.
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to influence and work well with others in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with all levels of an organization.
- High degree of organization and attention to detail.
- Prior experience and understanding of cGMPs.
- Ability to problem solve, and develop and track detailed plans as well as manage uncertainty and adapt to changing conditions/assumptions.
- Business acumen and ability to understand and manage both project costs and business benefits of assigned projects or programs.
- Ability to multi-task and to work across multi-national sites and diverse cultures.
- Familiarity with Smartsheet and MS Project is highly desirable.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS with 5+ years of relevant experience in a related field or MBA/MS plus 3+ years of relevant experience in a related field.
- Prior experience should include 3+ years managing cross-functional teams and multi-site projects or programs
- Prior experience managing new product launches in a regulated environment (pharmaceutical or medical device) preferred
- Prior experience in pharmaceutical operations and cGMP environment(s) highly desirable
- PMP or similar project management certification a plus
- Travel may be required - up to 10%
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.avature.net/Gilead
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---New-Jersey---Morris-Plains/Sr-Project-Management-Associate_R0021184
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency