IT Enterprise Data Architect
IT Enterprise Data Architect
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization.
The IT Enterprise Data Architect will be responsible for maturing and extending data management, data engineering, metadata management and master data management solutions across the organization. By combining a strong technical background with a solid understanding of market trends, the IT Enterprise Data Architect will be responsible for architecting, designing and delivering projects and enhancements across the Enterprise Data Platform.
- Evaluate current state architecture and recommend and implement changes with a focus on improving the scalability and accessibility of Gilead data
- Combine business needs, vendor roadmaps and technology trends to develop Enterprise Data Management platforms and product roadmaps and future state architecture diagrams
- Develop comprehensive business cases and project plans to fund and deliver approved project portfolio investments that deliver on platform and product roadmaps and future state architecture
- Provide technical and architectural guidance to projects, teams and service providers, ensuring that new initiatives enable effective and scalable data storage, data engineering and data analysis capabilities
- Participate in architectural review boards, evaluations of data and analytics solutions, commercial products and technologies
- Research, recommend and pilot tools and process changes in order to drive quality and efficiency across the solution development lifecycle
- Act as a thought leader on industry trends, emerging data management capabilities (such as enterprise data lake) and technologies (cloud platforms) and potential use at Gilead
- Partner with other groups in the organization including Client Facing IT, Infrastructure, IT Security and other Data and Analytics teams to ensure robust and scalable solutions
- Work with other solution and domain architects to establish architecture standards, policies and governance
High School Degree and Twelve Years Experience OR Associate's Degree and Ten Years Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Eight Years Experience OR Master's Degree and Six Years Experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence new initiatives in a matrixed, global organization
- Excellent verbal and written skills and with the ability to build strong relationships across the organization
- Extensive experience with various big data management on premise and cloud technologies for data engineering, data virtualization, metadata management, master data management, data quality, and analytics such as Teradata, Denodo, Collibra, Informatica, Alteryx, Tableau
- Experience with Cloud platforms including AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Thorough understanding of cloud technologies, market trends and the broader ecosystem including server, storage and security considerations
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/IT-Enterprise-Data-Architect_R0017657
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency