Finance - FP & A Manager
Finance - FP & A Manager
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
About usGilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead operates in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.Being here matters. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.Finance Manager, US Commercial FP&A - Oncology OpexSpecific Role Responsibilities:The Opex Finance Manager will be a key member of the US Commercial Finance FP&A team supporting the Oncology therapeutic area (TA). The successful candidate will be a valued partner to the business - demonstrating strong financial acumen, proven collaboration skills, a strategic mindset, and a desire to deeply understand the Oncology TA. He/she will be responsible for providing opex related financial management and strategic decision support working with various cross functional stakeholders. This position will report to the Senior Director, US Commercial FP&A - Oncology and will be based in Foster City, CA.Essential Duties & Job Functions:Provide strategic and operational financial support to the Oncology TA, including but not limited to the following:
- Support the annual opex related budgeting and forecasting planning processes - meeting all deliverables as well as providing recommendations and analyses to ensure resources are optimized.
- Manage the opex related month and quarter end close processes in a timely and accurate manner. This includes accruals, reclasses, management reporting, insightful variance analysis.
- As a strategic business partner, develop an in-depth understanding of the business and related drivers to provide impactful analyses, insights and recommendations to achieve key business results.
- Identify trends, risks, opportunities to ensure business delivers against forecast.
- Proactively recommend and implement process improvements. Work with Finance colleagues and business partners to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our planning processes, systems and reporting.
- Through strong partnership, influence and communication, be the voice/advocate of Finance to the business; and of the business to Finance.
- Provide support for ad hoc Finance and Oncology TA requests.
- Results Orientation: The ideal candidate will be results-driven and must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The successful candidate must have the ability to deliver results and possess a strong drive to meet and exceed goals and is willing to take ownership of problems and make sound decisions
- Excellent interpersonal skills: Must have an inquisitive mind and the ability to work effectively with multiple functions
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with diverse audiences and be perceived as a leader is required
- Business Savvy and Financial Acumen: The candidate will possess technical knowledge on analytics, business foresight, and problem-solving skills
- Change Leadership: The candidate will be an independent self-starter and a proactive leader with a drive to strive for continuous improvement and consistently challenging the status quo
Knowledge, Experience, & Skills:
- 7+ years of relevant experience, having held positions of increasing scope and responsibility. 5+ years of experience with an MBA.
- BS or BA is required, and MBA is preferred
- Prior experience in Biotech or Pharma with Commercial revenue and expense planning experience is preferred
- Good knowledge of US Healthcare Systems
- Understanding of aspects of accounting and finance and knowledge of US GAAP is required
- Advanced Microsoft excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Experience in high-growth, multi-national organization a plus
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Finance---FP---A-Manager_R0021146-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency