Business Unit Director - Cell Therapy & Invasive Fungal Infections
Business Unit Director - Cell Therapy & Invasive Fungal Infections
Netherlands - Amsterdam
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Kite, a Gilead Company, is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors.
Gilead Sciences Netherlands is based in Amsterdam and has significantly grown in the past few years. This role provides an exciting opportunity to participate in the future growth of Gilead Cell Therapy / Kite and Invasive Fungal Infections (IFI).
This role will report into the General Manager of Gilead Sciences Netherlands and will be responsible and accountable for the strategy, planning and implementation of all commercial activities for Cell Therapy and Invasive Fungal Infections in Netherlands, with success' defined by driving leadership even further in Cell Therapy and continued growth of the anti-fungal portfolio
The Business Unit Director Cell Therapy & IFI will manage a team of Marketing and Sales professionals and lead a cross functional team to drive operational excellence.
The BUD will also be a member of Gilead Netherlands local leadership team.
This is a unique opportunity to play a key role leading a Business with truly innovative therapies leverage important synergies across hematology
- Lead the cross-functional team providing vision, motivation, support and coaching to drive the business and achieve our commercial objectives
- Build and execute a highly successful launches of CAR-T products
- Drive development and execution of the commercial strategy and action plans for the portfolio
- Build and lead a high-performing marketing & sales team
- Drive Operational Excellence in marketing & sales efforts and business/forecast planning
- Develop, implement, and maintain the required infrastructure to meet business goals
- Collaborate with a cross- functional team to prepare the readiness plans for launches
- Establish effective working relationships with opinion leaders and other key stakeholders & be recognized as partner in improving quality of care
- Partner with Medical Affairs to ensure effective development and implementation of strategies
- Partner with Government Affairs and Public Affairs to ensure a positive policy environment
- Support Market Access activities for all impending launches
- Create an inclusive environment in which every member of the team has an opportunity to succeed
- Participate actively in the NL leadership team and contribute to the high performance and agile, empowering and impactful culture of the entire affiliate
- Represent the leadership team of Gilead NL internally and externally
- Represent the cross-functional vision in global and regional forums
- Ensure that all business activities are in line with company policies, procedures and local guidelines.
- Role model Leadership Commitments and support strong Gilead culture and Core Values
Required Knowledge, Experience & Skills
The successful candidate will be a recognized leader with excellent communication skills. The role requires being comfortable at working in a high-growth, hands-on, fast-paced environment where influencing and negotiating across an organization are prerequisite.
You will need to demonstrate the ability to manage complexity, ambiguity and paradoxes through thinking outside of the box with a collaborative, constructive and solution-oriented approach.
- Undergraduate degree is required, MBA and/or post graduate preferred or advanced life science degree (MD, Pharm D, PhD)
- Demonstrable commercial leadership experience in the biopharmaceutical industry such as a highly successful Business Unit Lead and/or a strong sales & marketing leader within the specialty therapeutics area
- Must have recent experience in oncology specifically in Hematology/oncology or orphan/rare diseases
- Must have a track record of effectively managing teams
- Must be a pragmatic individual who enjoys getting involved in the business at all levels and across all disciplines. Broad-based cross-functional experience is important.
- Must have a track record of successful budget management with an understanding of revenue forecasting and expense budget planning and tracking
- Must demonstrate excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities
- Must be good at building new relationships rapidly with KOLs and other stakeholders such as industry associations. A strong already established network is preferable.
- Must have the ability to build and drive a business, whilst possessing innate market-making' capabilities with natural self-starter, hands-on, entrepreneurial and innovative attitude.
- Preferably, previous experience in negotiating with key pricing and reimbursement agencies, and involvement in successful access and reimbursement strategies and their execution
- Strong leadership qualities such as having the ability to attract, motive and retain talent and drive a culture of collaboration, engagement and motivation.
- Strong learning agility and willingness to take on increasing responsibility as BU grows
- Ability to provide strategic input at an EU level
- International experience, either working in a Global or Regional role or in the context of above country project teams is desirable
- Openness to travel domestically and some internationally when safe to do so
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Netherlands---Amsterdam/Business-Unit-Director---Cell-Therapy---Invasive-Fungal-Infections_R0019926-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency