Associate Director, Corporate Giving
Associate Director, Corporate Giving
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead recognizes the development of innovative medicines for life-threatening diseases is only one aspect of improving public health. We also invest in programs that promote prevention, strengthen healthcare infrastructure, and provide education and financial support for the most marginalized communities. By challenging existing assumptions and collaborating with partners worldwide, we have launched strategic initiatives that have the potential to improve health access, eliminate the barriers to healthcare encountered by underserved populations, advance education among healthcare professionals and support the local communities in which we operate.
On the global health front, Gilead is working to expand treatment access to low- and middle- income countries with a special focus on communities facing HIV/AIDS and viral hepatitis. Gilead-funded programs, for example, align with WHO efforts to eliminate chronic hepatitis C worldwide through awareness, screening and care programs, and Gilead is advancing the PEPFAR agenda as a key partner in reducing HIV infections in adolescent girls and young women in 10 sub-Saharan African countries.
We are seeking someone to join Gilead's Corporate Global Giving team, representing Gilead's corporate grants team to help shape our philanthropic strategy and engagement for our growing Oncology portfolio and presence. The role will report to the Senior Director of Global Corporate Giving and will be responsible for executing Gilead's Global grantmaking strategy and CSR for oncology.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Must be a strategic thinker with excellent communications skills and the ability to create an overall strategy for Gilead's approach to giving in Oncology
- Must be able to examine issues from an organization perspective, make recommendations to management and assist in determining priorities within the Corporate Giving Team
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners and across geographies to develop and maintain strong working relationships to advance Oncology giving priorities
- Manage the submission, review and approval of all grant requests through Gilead's grants portal and internal review process and business conduct review process
- Manage grant budgets to target, ensuring appropriate alignment of spend across regions and Therapeutic Areas
- Work across regions to create efficiencies and best stewardship of resources invested in the communityincluding effective collaborations with cross functional teams who may not have direct reporting lines to Public Affairs
- Effectively assesses opportunities, anticipate and mitigate risks and advise management
- Apply best practices, knowledge of local trends and changing regulatory environment to inform Gilead's approach to grant making in regions with disparate social and regulatory norms
- Provide seamless grantee experience (e.g., setting selection criteria, grants review/compliance process, grants monitoring, financial stewardship, program evaluation and reporting)
- Develop opportunities for relevant funding collaborations and partnerships to strengthen Gilead's leadership role as a corporate citizen and remains responsive to new opportunities while shaping focused strategic direction for the global grant portfolio
- Oversee all grant agreements, reporting requirements and financial stewardship of grantees
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Experience in the field of philanthropy, ideally in a corporate philanthropic role
- Demonstrated knowledge of the oncology landscape with specific experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulations and best practices specific to corporate grants management and specifically within pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience working collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Strong decision-making skills and professional maturity is essential
- Ability to engage multiple internal and external stakeholders, and synthesize interests and priorities into staff project planning and management
- Ability to navigate large, matrixed corporate environment is essential
- The ideal candidate will exhibit a high level of personal integrity and teamwork consistent with Gilead's core values
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Typically requires a BA degree in communications, public health, liberal arts, business or science-oriented field and 8 years of relevant experience, which includes 6+ years of experience in grant making
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Director--Corporate-Giving_R0019767
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency