Sr Mgr Manufacturing, Purification Operations
Sr Mgr Manufacturing, Purification Operations
United States - California - Oceanside
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Role and Responsibilities:
The manufacturing manager schedules purification manufacturing activities based on the production schedule. These activities include solution and buffer preparation, cleaning and sterilization of process equipment, and operation of manual and automated purification systems (chromatography, tangential flow filtration, virus retentive filtration, depth filtration, and drug substance formulation). The manager sets expectations and provides guidance to team leads and operators related to cGMP manufacturing documentation, standard operating procedures, quality records, training, compliance, and safety. The manager may serve as a project lead on cross functional projects or serve as a team representative on cross-functional projects.
- Schedule purification manufacturing operations and ensure thorough communication and consistency of operations and expectations between manufacturing shifts.
- Development, training, and mentorship of employees. Responsible for performance management of direct reports.
- Ensure that operations are conducted in compliance with cGMPs.
- Interface with the Quality Assurance, Maintenance, Process Development, Technical Operations, Automation, Materials Management, and Validation departments for coordination of operations, lot disposition, troubleshooting, and projects.
- Manage or own quality system records including deviations, corrective and preventive actions (CAPA), change controls, etc.
- Serves as a functional representative and may lead cross functional teams for new product introduction and operational oversight
- Implement and reinforce practices that make safety an ongoing priority for all operational activities
- Lead cross-functional projects to improve operational efficiency, reliability, compliance, and safety.
- This is an exempt (salary) position that will include weekend and off hours coverage.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- 8+ years of experience with Bachelor's degree or 6+ years with Masters in science, engineering or related field is required
- Prior management experience in a Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) bioprocess environment is required
- Demonstrated influencer, including cross-functionally as well as senior leaders
- Quality systems, validation principles, regulatory guidelines, and multi-product controls
- Experience with large scale protein purification and distributed control systems (DCS) such as DeltaV and automated process equipment
- Background in disposable technology and multi-product facility desired
- Consistent positive attitude and demonstrated ability to learn new skills
- Strict adherence to established safety and compliance practices and standards
- Ability to think critically, with demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving skills as applicable to manufacturing process, documentation, and equipment.
- Takes initiative in solving issues.
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Able to work off hours as well as weekends as needed
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.avature.net/Gilead
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Oceanside/Manager-Manufacturing--Purification-Operations_R0019695
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency