Associate Director Revenue Accounting
Associate Director Revenue Accounting
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
You will be an integral member of the U.S. Revenue Accounting team, responsible for leading key initiatives, including system implementations, process improvements, trainings, and supporting documentation. You will partner closely with Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Marketing Strategy and Operations (MSO, IT, and others teams. Your objective is to take our current processes to the next level and ensure they can anticipate and adapt to meet future challenges.
- Manage multiple simultaneous projects, including system implementations and process improvements
- Maintain and/or develop tools, trainings, and documentation that ensure an effective and efficient financial reporting process and controls
- Manage the U.S. revenue accounting close and reporting process, ensuring compliance with U.S. GAAP, internal controls and company policy and procedures
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners to identify opportunities, drive continuous improvements, and/or optimize revenue accounting operations and reporting
- Coordinate/manage internal or external audits and reviews
- Lead/support CFO and other company organization initiative and projects
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
Important skills, capabilities and prior experience requirements include:
- BA/BS degree and 9+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to combine technical abilities, business acumen and U.S. GAAP knowledge to develop and deliver solutions for business partners and senior management
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management, organizational, and analytical skills
- Ability to collaborate with and/or lead cross-functional business partners
- A combination of accounting and hands-on operational experience, with a commercial stage pharmaceutical or life sciences company
- Experience with project management, SAP, Gross to Net accounting or related analytical applications
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Director-Revenue-Accounting---project-management_R0019629-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency