Quality Engineering, Senior Manager
Quality Engineering, Senior Manager
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization. Please check out more at https://nccareers.gilead.com/
The Quality Engineering Sr. Manager is responsible for assuring and continuous improvement of organizational wide standards for Software Quality Assurance. Proposes and implements technology and process roadmap, and transformation or service enhancement for IT QE. Partners with business and IT to ensure delivery is compliant through assessments, consulting, coaching, and advising. Oversees the delivery of IT Quality Engineering shared services (e.g., automation, performance engineering).
Specific Responsibilities and Skills
- Maintains the principles and practices of an IT Quality Engineering domain to ensure quality and compliant delivery to business at Gilead
- Defines and implements the technology and process roadmap for the IT Quality Engineering domain
- Identifies, defines, and implements transformation/service enhancement for IT Quality Engineering
- Identifies best practices and bad practices for incorporation into Quality Engineering knowledgebase
- Oversees a portfolio of systems and assures Gilead's quality/compliance standards are met through Gilead Assessments to Engineering Standards (GATES) and postmortems
- Provides consulting, coaching, and advising for product teams to assure GATES requirements are achieved.
- Advocates best practices across projects, portfolio, and deliverables.
- Assists in the identification, implementation, and maintenance of tools and best practices to enhance software development productivity and management
- Executes the domain-specific shared service, as applicable (for example, Automation Shared Services, Performance Engineering Shared Service)
- Evaluates activities and deliverables to ensure results align with Gilead\'s requirements and metrics needs
- Manage escalations and participates in the project team as required.
- Monitors metrics to ensure proactive detection of trends.
- Maintains awareness of industry best-practices and standards
- Applies global health authority regulations, guidance, directives, standards, and current industry best practices to ensure quality and compliant delivery to business
- Serves as coach to junior testing staff
- Demonstrates an understanding of application development methods, the project management process, as well as the fundamentals of requirement specification, design, and development/configuration
High School Degree and Twelve Year\'s Experience OR Associates Degree and Ten Years Experience OR Bachelor\'s Degree and Eight Years' Experience OR Masters\' Degree and Six Years' Experience
- Strong background and leadership experience in validation and/or infrastructure qualification
- Strong background in SDLC and GAMP
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies, DevOps, and automation
- Specific experience in the Life Sciences/Pharma/Medical Devices/Healthcare industries
- Working knowledge of global regulatory requirements of GMP, GCP, GLP, GDP and/or other domains
- Broad knowledge of quality principles and industry trends
- Coaching and collaboration skills to interact with all levels of personnel to achieve shared goals
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Must be able to lead and influence onshore and offshore development and testing teams
- Experience with Managed Service Operations
- Strong collaboration skills required to effectively work across a diverse group including executives, managers and subject matter experts (SME)
- Knowledgeable in performance engineering
- Experience with CI/CD and applying test automation (e.g Selenium, JMeter, Jenkins, TestNG etc) to the deployment pipeline
- Working knowledge of Scrum, DevOps, and Agile
- Experience with HP ALM
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Capability-Manager--Head-of-Validation_R0017613-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency