Executive Director, Global Analytics & Insights
Executive Director, Global Analytics & Insights
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Executive Director, Global Analytics & Insights
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. We strive to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world. Gilead's portfolio of products and pipeline of investigational drugs includes treatments for HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer, inflammatory and respiratory diseases.
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Global Commercial Operations (GCO), you would hold responsibility for leading all aspects of Global Analytics and Insights, in alignment with the needs of key stakeholders in Global Commercial Product Strategy (GCPS), ACE Region, Commercial Finance, G9 affiliate Analytics & Insight functions, Business Development, R&D, Manufacturing, and GCO. You will also support our Chief Commercial Officer and their Chief of Staff as required to fulfill needs for Commercial information, analytics, insights and reports.
The Global Analytics & Insights (GA&I) team within Gilead's Global Commercial Operations organization is responsible for shaping complex, Commercial TA/brand/pipeline strategy and long-range planning for the company. Delivering global forecasts, global market research, global analytics, global insights, global reporting and advice to inform and advance commercial strategy, pipeline development, corporate development and launch preparation. You will lead a team of ~25+ professionals, with 4-5 direct reports, and reports to VP, Global Commercial Operations. In addition, you will frequently interact with members of our senior and executive management team. This opportunity affords you the ability to leverage a broad and deep skill set (functional expertise, technical expertise, therapeutic area knowledge, communication skills, team leadership, influencing without authority, executive presence, etc.) to help drive the success of GA&I work across a variety of key stakeholders - including therapeutic areas and other functional leads, functional counterparts in the regions/affiliates, and additional functions (as mentioned above) including executive leadership.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
-Co-lead and deliver the Commercial aspects of Gilead's long-range planning initiative.
-Oversee, set agenda, and provide support and guidance to team in:
- Designing, developing, and executing forecasting models for marketed and pipeline products to inform long-range planning for the company, therapeutic areas and brands/products.
- Carrying out base-case and scenario analyses to support decision making by Commercial, Corporate Strategy, R&D, Business Development, Finance, Manufacturing, and executive leadership
- Collaborating with internal partners (e.g. GCPS, ACE Regional leadership, Commercial Finance, CCO Chief-of-Staff, Competitive Intelligence, BD, R&D, PDM, etc.) to capture a mosaic of insights and translate into high quality assumptions for forecasting
-Examples of decisions that may be informed by forecasting and analytics include portfolio review, commercial TA/brand/pipeline strategy, portfolio prioritization of assets through the R&D pipeline, partnerships or acquisitions of specific assets or whole companies, launch sequencing, capital structure planning, and IPR&D valuations.
Market Research & Secondary Data/Analytics:
-Provides critical insights to the GCPS therapeutic and brand leads to formulate strategies and global plans of action, use forward-looking market research plans based on key business needs across therapeutic targets, stages of development, life cycle management, and portfolio strategy. Challenges status quo and fosters creative/innovative uses of data to proactively strategize for market issues, complexities of the changing industry landscape.
- Project types include but are not limited to epidemiology, treatment flow, qualitative or quantitative demand/market share, segmentation, positioning/messaging, future treatment paradigms, etc.
- Provide strategic and technical guidance to team with regards to methodologies and approach, to ensure high-quality deliverables, efficiency, and applicability across the major regions
-Ensure the conduct and delivery of high quality and business compliant primary research:
- Develop qualitative and quantitative market research surveys
- Manage third-party vendors fielding surveys, including setting of objectives, selection of methodology, design of discussion guide materials, participation in or leadership of interviews as appropriate, and delivering impactful insights
- Analyze survey results to glean key market insights and understand implications for our business, and make actionable recommendations
- Analyze secondary data sources (script data like IMS, audit data like Ipsos, epidemiology data like NHANES, claims data, etc.) to glean insights and understand implications for our business, inform our strategies, and make actionable recommendations
- Evaluate potential new secondary data sources and continue to elevate the data platform and impact
ACE Region A&I Support, Global A&I Platforms and A&I Centers of Excellence:
- Provide direct support to the ACE regional leadership team (e.g., SVP, Chief-of-Staff, ACE Finance, etc.) for ongoing and regular reporting, analysis and planning cycles such as Quarterly Business Reviews, Latest Estimates, Annual Budgeting, Regional Performance Reporting and more.
- Ensure GA&I continues to research, assess, design, select, install and utilizes appropriate A&I technology platform, business capabilities and ways of working that encourage global A&I process consistency, effective data management, and scalable information systems (e.g., forecasting platforms, AI platforms, etc.)
- Envision and establish, as needed, global Centers of Excellence in core disciplines such as forecasting, market research and advanced analytics. Also, seek new low cost centers for analytics work overflows.
- Develop a global strategy for Advanced Analytics in conjunction with the US Advanced Analytics team as well as other key stakeholders in R&D and Medical Affairs.
- Ensure appropriate real world patient data is procured and available as needed to supplement internal data sources to build more robust prescriptive and predictive advanced analyses.
- Establish a data science team with trained data scientists able to conduct complex advanced analyses.
- Clearly delineate advanced analytics roles and responsibilities dealing with patient level data to distinguish GA&I's roles and scope versus HEOR and MAOR.
- Lead the transition over time from an analytics organization that has been historically focused on delivering high quality descriptive analytics to now adding a greater use of predictive models and prescriptive and/or precision analytics that support key Commercial future needs (e.g, Oncology predictive models, Next Best Action, etc.).
Leadership, Influence and Communication:
- Lead a team of 25+professionals (both US and UK based), maintaining an environment consistent with Gilead's core values and leadership commitments, fostering and actively supporting individual development, and recruiting new talent
- Set an expectation and goal to serve as a trusted advisor to GCPS SVP and therapeutic area leads and other critical partners/stakeholders across the organization (e.g., SVP ACE, VP Commercial Finance, VP Business Development, etc.); develop team to in all cases focus on the business need, extract and deliver key insights and implications for Gilead.
- Effectively tailor and present findings with clear strategic storylines appropriately to maximize relevance, understanding, and impact
- Collaborate effectively with senior leaders across multiple functions and therapeutic areas, and influence without authority as needed.
- Communicate complex dynamics/challenges in a clear and concise manner to senior leaders
- Provide recommendations with objective and actionable insights to senior and executive management
- Navigate organizational complexity effectively in a professional manner
- Demonstrate strong Gilead core values - Integrity, Excellence, Accountability, Teamwork and Inclusion and Leadership Commitments
- Motivate and inspire team
Knowledge, experience, and skills:
- (With a Bachelor's Degree) a minimum of 16 years' experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry is required. 14 years' experience is required for those who hold an advanced degree (MBA, MS Analytics, PhD, etc.)
- Relevant experience in biopharmaceutical-focused marketing/analytics consulting would also be considered
- Evidence of group and project leadership (interaction with cross-functional partners, conflict resolution, and consensus-driving) and project management (planning, prioritization, objective setting, meeting management, and plan execution) is required
- Strong communication/influencing skills and executive presence required
- A foundation of experience in one or more of Gilead's key therapeutic areas (HIV, liver disease, oncology, COVID-19, inflammation) is desirable
- Prior experience in qualitative and quantitative market research, revenue forecasting/market modeling, Commercial and patient level data sets, and analytics. Plus having a passion for simplifying complicated concepts through data and effective strategic storytelling.
- Proven experience surveying and analyzing bio tech/pharma market trends, best practices to enable forward looking plans
- Proven history of working and delivering on multiple projects simultaneously, with tight deadlines and changing priorities is required
- Strong ability to use Microsoft Office (specifically PowerPoint and Excel) to present quantitative data in graphical form is required
- A genuine passion for analytics and insights
- A natural curiosity, and interest in solving complex problems
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Executive-Director--Global-Analytics---Insights_R0021015-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency