Senior Maintenance Technician (Packaging)
Senior Maintenance Technician (Packaging)
Ireland - Cork
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The role is required to perform installation, maintenance and repairs of automated packaging equipment lines and execute Engineering packaging continuous improvement small projects related to daily operations to improve OEE. Partner with the Packaging operations team to deliver & support day to day operations within GSIUC packaging operations.
- Locates and diagnoses equipment failure, replaces defective components and performs troubleshooting using standard electronic equipment, detailed drawings, diagrams, sketches, specifications, prints, manuals and verbal and/or written instructions
- Works on routine assignments following established SOPs and cGMPs
- Maintains and reviews existing maintenance tasks and procedures to ensure they are up to date and accurate
- Reports accurately on all equipment downtime
- Coordinates maintenance on critical systems/equipment with Manager
- Performs multi-shift work as required
- Complies with all safety and cGMP regulations
- Performs planned maintenance activities and is responsible for updating the Maximo CMMS system accordingly
- Partner with a team of Engineering and maintenance personnel which shall include external contractors
- Supports the Continuous Improvement process by passionately seeking ways to improve Engineering packaging equipment performance E.g. OEE
- Resolve day-to-day Engineering issues and advice regarding compliance queries
Knowledge & Skills
- The ideal candidate will possess proven maintenance experience in a regulated automated manufacturing environment
- Demonstrates knowledge of pharmaceutical packaging, process manufacturing, OEE, MTBF, and root cause failure analysis
- Effectively participates in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrate an in depth understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards along with knowledge of industry practices
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, strong analytical skills and problem-solving capability
- Ability to develop solutions to a wide range of equipment problems, which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation
- Demonstrates understanding and application of process engineering principles, concepts, and practices, and standards
- Demonstrates proficiency in current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and safety regulations
- Typically requires a Leaving Certificate and Trades Certificate along with relevant GMP experience or equivalent. A preference is to have a third level qualification (Electrical, Mechanical or Automation)
- Has previous experience in Food, biotech or pharmaceuticals industry
- Has previous engineering experience in highly regulated manufacturing environments
- Experience in pharmaceutical operations/cGMP environment highly desirable
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Ireland---Cork/Senior-Maintenance-Technician--Packaging-_R0021043
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency