Senior Financial Analyst
Senior Financial Analyst
United Kingdom - London
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST
Stockley Park (currently remote)
At Kite, a Gilead Company, we are at the forefront of immunotherapy and engineered T cell therapy. We are helping change the paradigm of cancer treatment and we are revolutionizing individually tailored treatments. That means a fast moving and constantly changing environment, where we make discoveries every day - discoveries that include our own capabilities and our individual potential.
We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst whose primary responsibilities will revolve around supporting our ACE (Australia, Canada, Europe) Region team, driving budget and forecasting processes, regional revenue and OPEX consolidation, and maintaining the planning system (Hyperion) for actuals reporting and forecasting/budgeting. The position is based in the ACE regional office in Stockley Park and will report into the FP&A Director, ACE.
Responsibilities (included but not limited to):
- Perform ACE revenue and OPEX consolidation, working extensively with local affiliate teams as well as the Global FP&A team to drive alignment and clarity
- Build, consolidate and publish summary files for reporting and analysing actuals, forecast and budget for revenue and OPEX
- Assist in the development and coordination of financial budgets (OPEX, headcount) for Kite ACE teams in the local affiliates as well as in Stockley Park, in partnership with functional leads and local Finance teams
- Assist in performing ad hoc analytics (investment decision-making, headcount analyses, etc.) and roll-ups
- Assist in day-to-day management of departmental financial analysis needs
- Work with Accounting on monthly close and assess monthly accruals/cross-charges
- Assist in accounting close process by analysing variances and ensuring financial reporting of both revenue and OPEX is accurate
- Develop process improvements for financial reporting and analysis
- Other ad hoc analysis and duties as assigned
- A proven track record of relevant experience and a BA or BS degree in Business/Accounting or professional Accounting qualification
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Highly proficient in Excel (including the ability to build models using pivot tables, VLOOKUP and high-level functions and formulas) and PowerPoint with Think-Cell
- Solid proficiencies in key finance systems and reporting software (such as Oracle, Hyperion Planning/Essbase, SAP, and OBIEE)
- Detail-oriented, exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and comfortable managing through complexity and change
- Demonstrate teamwork skills, including strong people skills in working with stakeholders across multiple geographies and functions
- Experience in high-growth and multi-national organisation, a plus
- Biotech or Pharmaceutical industry experience, a plus
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system\'s ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-Kingdom---London/Senior-Financial-Analyst_R0021071-2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency