Associate Director, Launch Excellence, International Region
Associate Director, Launch Excellence, International Region
United Kingdom - LondonUnited States - California - Santa Monica
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Associate Director, Launch Excellence, International Region is responsible for driving the execution of cross-functional launch plans for marketed products and future products in the Kite portfolio in China, Japan, Southeast Asia, South America, and the Middle East. The role reports to the Senior Director of Commercial Operations for the International Region and will be based in either Santa Monica, CA or Stockley Park, UK.
- Drive the execution of the existing cross-functional commercial launch plan for the International Region and the ongoing expansion across new hospitals and countries
- Work with brand leads for new and existing Kite products to establish effective cross-functional launch teams and governance, build launch plans and continuously ensure the effective implementation of the launch plans
- Ensure continuous alignment of the international brand launch plans with the global launch plans and the Technical Operations (i.e., Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Quality Assurance) launch readiness plans, collaborating closely with Project Management counterparts in these departments
- Proactively anticipate and identify risks and resource gaps and escalate to leadership on a timely basis
- Prepare and present concise and impactful launch status reports to senior leadership
- Demonstrate leadership and guidance to countries on key business processes related to launch readiness and qualification of centres. Work with L&D to ensure the adequate Site Qualification Process training.
- Proactively identify areas for continuous improvement within the implementation of the regional launch plans and drive forward process changes where necessary
- Lead regular meetings with the full cross-functional launch team across Kite HQ, Kite Technical Operations and country affiliates
- Attend all relevant meeting forums with US / EU / International teams, actively participating and representing the Kite international business and sharing launch best practices
- Support ad hoc projects as required by the business, including facilitation of workshops and other meetings
- Strong understanding of non-customer facing functions (e.g., Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality Assurance) and the ability to leverage this knowledge to create strategic plans
- Capable of leading a cross-functional team of customer and non-customer facing stakeholders to support a highly technical portfolio in a compliant manner
- Ability to work hands-on in an entrepreneurial environment and adopt unconventional approaches to solve problems
- Strong understanding of the clinical and operational aspects of cell therapy or similar advanced therapy
- Successful track record of project management for major product launches in the biotechnology / pharmaceutical industry at a regional or global level
- Significant experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech or healthcare industry, with an understanding of the compliance framework applicable to the industry
- Bachelor's degree
- MBA or PhD degree
- Familiarity and knowledge of project management software applications such as MS Project is desirable
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system\'s ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-Kingdom---London/Associate-Director--Launch-Excellence--International-Region_R0021034-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency