Associate Director, Commercial L&D, International Region
Associate Director, Commercial L&D, International Region
United Kingdom - London
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Associate Director, Commercial L&D, International Region will lead the Commercial Learning & Development (CL&D) strategy and implementation for Kite in China, Japan, Southeast Asia, South America, and the Middle East, strengthening our people and organizational capabilities and performance. The role will collaborate extensively across functions within this region to ensure effective development, implementation, delivery and monitoring of Cell Therapy training programs in line with country-specific needs.
The position is based in Stockley Park, UK and reports directly to the Senior Director, Commercial Operations, International Region.
Everyone at Kite is grounded by one common goal - curing cancer. We are at the forefront of immunotherapy and engineered T cell therapy. Our personalized approach is what sets us apart. Unlike traditional pharmaceutical manufacturing, our therapies are not created on an assembly line. With CAR T-cell therapy, we are reengineering a patient's own immune cells to fight cancer one patient at a time. We also are entering a pivotal time in our history with multiple planned launches and evolving competitive dynamics on a global scale. That means a fast moving, constantly changing environment and innovative culture, where we make discoveries every day - discoveries that include our own capabilities and our individual potential.
- Design, develop, and facilitate any local implementation and roll-out of Cell Therapy training programs for both office-based and field-facing Commercial roles in the International region
- Partner with country-level functional leadership teams to align tactics to local business needs and competency requirements
- Identify specific training needs and ensure the development of high-quality new and ongoing training interventions
- Utilize high level scientific acumen to translate complex scientific concepts into impactful messages to support local customer engagement strategy implementation
- Support International and Global Marketing in the development of external training programs (e.g. speaker programs)
- Align closely with Cell Therapy brand leads (and their brand/customer strategies) in the development and implementation of brand-specific training programs
- Closely align with Medical and Marketing Leads to support market readiness and efforts concerning Kite product differentiation
- Assist local teams to execute training implementation by supporting planning, logistics management, vendor monitoring and local roll-out of training
- Proactive approach to lead the support for local teams in the development of commercial competencies by ensuring that delivery and content is aligned with the business strategy
- Continually assess current training offers from providers to identify areas for ongoing improvement and opportunities requiring the development of additional, country-specific training content
- Develop L&D curricula to enhance functional skills and competencies for customer-facing roles
- Collaborate with CL&D colleagues across the organization to ensure consistency and identify opportunities to leverage existing marketing and L&D resources
- Liaise with Gilead CL&D teams to leverage Gilead training resources and apply them to Kite
- Foster mentoring relationships with other functional colleagues from more mature markets to support best practice sharing
- Coordinate training development with Kite US and ACE CL&D teams to ensure alignment and maintain consistent standards and metrics
- Maintain subject matter expertise for disease states, products and therapeutic areas aligned with Kite's portfolio and account management strategy
- Manage the training budget (OPEX) and project timelines
- Manage agency relationships to develop training deliverables and roll-outs, when needed
- Ensure all training activities and materials are compliant with legal, regulatory and company policy requirements
- Build essential relationships with key stakeholders including business unit directors, medical affairs, regulatory, and legal affairs.
- Bachelor's degree
- Extensive professional experience within the biotechnology/ pharmaceutical industry, ideally on local, regional and global levels
- Commercial L&D consolidated experience
- Thorough understanding of L&D principles and practices in capability building
- Strong understanding of the hematology/oncology clinical landscape and of the Cell Therapy business
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate with cross-functional partners around the identification of learning needs and their integration into a coherent learning strategy and roadmap
- Proven experience in (training) content creation, the maintenance of training processes, and the successful development of ongoing L&D programs
- Ability to synthesize and communicate insights from complex messages
- Flexibility and ability to work both in teams and independently in a high pace, dynamic environment. Prompt decision maker, strategic and creative thinker, with excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Travel required for training initiatives and meetings
- Master's degrees or Medical degree
- Experience in the hematology/oncology therapeutic area
- Strong clinical background with ability to translate clinical data for functional application
- Exceptional presentation, facilitation and written communication skills
- Expertise with technology platforms (e.g. iPAD, LMS, Vault) and programs (e.g. MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel, Adobe Professional)
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system\'s ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-Kingdom---London/Associate-Director--Commercial-L-D--International-Region_R0021033-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency