Sr Research Associate I, Process Development
Sr Research Associate I, Process Development
United States - California - Oceanside
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Sr Research Associate I - Early/Late Stage Upstream Process Development
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Gilead Sciences is currently seeking a Sr. Research Associate I in our Upstream Process Development group at our Oceanside facility in Southern California. We are seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented individual to execute experiments to support cell culture process development at both early and late stages for recombinant protein and novel platform programs. General activities will include shake flask and bioreactor experiments, process development and automation, and manufacturing and technology transfer support.
Specific Skills and Responsibilities for Position:
- Previous hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture
- Basic understanding of process scale-up and GMP manufacturing
- Strong organizational and planning skills, as well as an aptitude for creative problem solving
- Experience in statistical analyses and data visualization using tools such as JMP and Spotfire
- Basic understanding of programming languages and techniques (eg. Matlab, Visual Basic)
- Support upstream bioprocess development activities including clone selection, technology development, media development, process optimization, and process characterization studies
- Conduct hands-on laboratory cell culture operations at shake flask, bench-top, and pilot scales
- Collaborate with technical operations and biologics production teams to transfer process to and support pilot scale and clinical manufacturing upstream operations
- Participate in collaborative effort to improve upstream data collection, data management, and data visualization methodology
- Apply excellent technical writing, presentation, and other communication skills to solve complex problems
- Collaborate in cross-functional groups to prepare technical reports and presentations to achieve common business goals
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Plans and executes assigned experiments that support process development activities and project goals
- Selects appropriate methods and techniques in performing experiments
- Recommends alternatives, researches new methods and techniques and proactively seeks out senior personnel to discuss potential solutions to problems
- Contributes to early and late stage upstream process development experimental efforts as required
- Contributes to research programs and platform improvement utilizing statistical Design of Experiments (DoE)
- Participates in group meetings. Presents results of work, interprets data, and draws conclusions regarding presented material and nature of work
- Demonstrates good verbal communication and interpersonal skills to provide insight into the processes used to achieve results of assigned tasks
- Contributes to team's effort to improve data collection, management, and visualization standards using basic computer programming techniques and modern visualization software
- Participates in improvement of upstream process control systems, including automation efforts
- Demonstrates ability to recognize anomalous and inconsistent results and interpret experimental outcomes
- Always works with safety in mind
Required Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- 2+ years of experience with BS degree in a relevant scientific discipline.
- 0+ years of experience with MS degree in a relevant scientific discipline.
Preferred Training and Experience:
- Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biology, Bioengineering, or a related discipline of study
- Must be able to work effectively in cross-functional teams
- Previous work experience in a GMP-facility
- Basic familiarity with Matlab or another programming language
- Basic familiarity with industrial control systems and visualization tools, such as DeltaV and PI
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Oceanside/Sr-Research-Associate-I--Process-Development_R0021068-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency