HR Business Partner, Brazil
HR Business Partner, Brazil
Brazil - Sao Paulo
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Reporting to the Regional HR Director, this role leads HR for Gilead Brazil and will be a key member of the Brazil leadership teams providing strategic HR support across all therapeutic areas and functions. The Brazil affiliate has a strong commercial organization and host the LA Quality team with a central/global reporting line. Role will work in close collaboration supporting the Brazil General Manager (GM).
Whilst the GMs have full day-to-day responsibility for running all aspects of the business, Gilead is a functionally aligned organization with the non-commercial functions and staff reporting to their function heads. This role will be responsible to support all the roles and functions in the country.
By the very nature of a rapidly growing and highly demanding business, the demands upon the HR function will be wide and varied. Leaders set demanding performance expectations for their businesses and will expect the same from HR; balancing pragmatic solutions, flawless execution and the ability to partner & challenge effectively. At the same time, and consistent with the overall culture at Gilead, this role will require someone who is very comfortable in being hands-on.
As part of the evolution of our HR Operating Model, Gilead operates with Centres of Excellence in Talent Acquisition, Total Reward, and Learning & Development, Employee Relations as well as a shared service centre. Consequently, this role will ideally suit a self-starting team player who understands how to successfully operate through a matrix model, build strong international networks, and is an advocate of high performance business.
- Operating as both an internal consultant & operational manager, will be responsible for successful delivery of world-wide & ICR (intercontinental) initiatives (e.g. talent mapping, succession planning, recognition), as well as owning HR service delivery for the affiliate.
- Works closely with the General Managers & leadership teams providing proactive HR leadership and consulting to enhance employee commitment & experience.
- Proactively offer thought leadership and functional expertise on talent, organisation design and planning, leadership and change management. Designs & delivers HR programmes to support business objectives
- Enable and support cross functional collaboration in an agile matrixed team structure
- Reviews operational HR processes to ensure they are fit for purpose, recommending & implementing changes as appropriate.
- Implements programs in accordance with company-wide human resources policies and procedures.
- Advises managers and employees on HR policy and process matters (including managing employee relation issues), making or recommending appropriate decisions consistent with employment legislation and Gilead policies.
- In partnership with Learning & Development, manages training needs analysis, role development, and coaching to build capability. Provides support in building cross functional and high performing teams.
- While not necessarily the subject matter expert in each HR specialty area, must be able to discuss the fundamental issues of the HR functional areas (learning & development, reward, resourcing, employee relations, change strategies, etc.) with management.
- Develops and conducts presentations to employees and managers on a variety of HR subjects.
- Build relationships with key suppliers internally & externally e.g. centres of excellence, shared service centre, legal specialists, coaches etc.
- Manages an HR budget.
- Excellent consulting, stakeholder management & communication skills; strong relationship builder.
- Must be able to exercise judgment and demonstrate the confidence to act independently where appropriate.
- Experience in people/management development; strong coach - with leadership teams, high potentials and managers on dealing with HR issues.
- Commercial awareness.
- Acts as an advocate of HR, promoting the HR brand, employee brand & company values (accountability, excellence, teamwork, inclusion & integrity).
- Ability to operate in an international matrix environment.
- Combination of resilience & intellectual rigour.
- Passionate about customer service & service delivery.
- Comfortable to challenge the status quo to drive the businesses forward.
- Process orientation, attention to detail & project management skills.
- Strong and efficient execution on core processes & transactional activity to ensure appropriate controls are embedded in the business.
- Profound understanding of local work law and ability to interlink professionally with external lawyers to drive critical topics
- Degree or diploma in an HR-related discipline (MBA or other post-graduate qualification desirable).
- Relevant experience in HR in international and matrix aligned organisation
- Requires an in depth knowledge and understanding of Human Resources legislation/employment law, principles, policies, and procedures
- Ideal candidates will either have prior experience of leveraging shared service / CoE models, or be highly engaged in making this model deliver maximum impact
- Work in high-growth, lean organisation and Pharma/biotech experience is desirable, as is an understanding of how commercial/sales & marketing operations work & their key business drivers
- Fluent in Portuguese and English is essential, Spanish desirable
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Brazil---Sao-Paulo/HR-Business-Partner--Brazil_R0020932
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency