Executive Director, Finance FP&A- PDM
Executive Director, Finance FP&A- PDM
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Being here matters. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
Executive Director, FP&A, Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing (PDM)
The Finance Executive Director will lead a global team of FP&A and Accounting professionals driving financial planning & analysis and Manufacturing Accounting efforts for the PDM function. The successful candidate will report to SVP and head of global finance and will be the business partner to the EVP of PDM as well as other key stakeholders in the function. This individual will lead the global finance team responsible for clinical and commercial development and manufacturing, global supply chain, cost accounting, inventory and strategic capital planning as well drive the strategic long-term planning for the PDM organization. This individual will be a key partner to the global manufacturing and development sites and will work cross functionally with PDM product finance team to support strategic and financial analysis to help prioritize and make trade-offs across the portfolio. This role will be a key strategic partner to Global Supply Chain and lead the S&OP finance processes and SOX controls. The ED will be viewed as the business partner that provides strategic direction and is seen as the go to person for business financial analysis, insight, and counsel. This person will be responsible for demonstrating strong communication, influencing and strategic thinking skills that will drive value to the business.
Essential Duties & Job Functions
- Lead the finance processes for manufacturing and global supply chain for all clinical and commercial drug substance and drug product for small molecules and large molecule .
- Oversee the monthly and quarterly close process for global PDM function, management reporting, and budget vs. actual variance analysis. Interpret and report results to PDM and financial leadership.
- Oversee and monitor reporting on product gross margin and other cost of goods, global transfer pricing and stock profit eliminations, cost accounting, standard cost development and maintenance.
- Providing leadership, mentorship and management for 60+ FP&A professionals and support staff in a global environment across several Gilead sites.
- Fiscal oversight and statutory reporting for Legal entities in Canada and Ireland.
- Strategic capital planning and Investment & asset maintenance across the PDM organization.
- Prepare storyboard and develop presentations on budget, BVA's, Inventory risk, and S&OP for c-suite audience including EVP of PDM, CFO and CEO.
- Proactively recommend process improvements to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our reporting and analysis.
- Partner with global operations team in global S&OP process.
- Provide ad-hoc analyses and project support for the executive leadership team.
- Provide managerial leadership and guidance to direct reports and PDM Organization. Build a highly capable team through the attraction, training and development of professionals to meet business needs.
- Point person from PDM finance on business development assessments.
- Support ad-hoc cross functional CFO projects.
Knowledge, Experience, & Skills
- The preferred candidate will possess a minimum of 16+ years' experience with a BA/BS, 14+ with an MBA, having held positions of increasing scope and responsibility, including at least 7-10 years' experience as a senior finance leader and business partner.
- At least 6-8 years or more years of management experience leading growing teams of 50 or more individuals or more across multiple sites. Preferred global management experience.
- A BS or BA is required, and an MBA & CPA is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in biotech or pharma in a finance leadership role is strongly preferred.
- In-depth proficiency in aspects of accounting and finance and knowledge of US GAAP & IFRS is required.
- In depth knowledge of complex manufacturing needs from a financial standpoint, Business Intelligence, Planning and ERP systems is required with proficiency in Microsoft tools.
- Experience in high growth, multinational organization is a plus.
The key competencies for this candidate are:
- Sound knowledge of finance, cost accounting, technical accounting, inventory management & S&OP processes, audit controls, SOX and compliance procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: an inquisitive mind, and the ability to work effectively with multiple functions.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with diverse audiences and be perceived as a leader.
- Business Savvy and Financial Acumen: The candidate will possess technical knowledge on analytics, business foresight, and problem-solving skills.
- Results Orientation: The ideal candidate will be results-driven and must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. They must have the ability to deliver results and possess a strong drive to meet and exceed goals and is willing to take ownership of problems and make sound decisions.
- Team Leadership: Demonstrates ability to align and motivate a team to achieve objectives including financial results, timely and accurate reporting, transparency, and controls. They will lead, attract, train & develop a team of highly capable skilled finance professionals to support Gilead's PDM business.
- Change Leadership: The candidate will be an independent self-starter and a proactive leader with a drive to strive for continuous improvement and consistently challenging the status quo. Will be viewed by business partners and Finance colleagues as a thought leader with strong, influencing capabilities, who can also maintain open and transparent communication channels.
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Executive-Director--Finance-FP-A--PDM_R0020961
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency