Sr Research Associate I, Process Development
Sr Research Associate I, Process Development
Canada - Alberta - Edmonton
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Senior Research Associate I, Process Development - Alberta
Gilead Sciences in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada is seeking a knowledgeable and motivated professional capable of working effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment. The successful candidate will assume a full-time employment role in the capacity of Senior Research Associate I, Process Development in Gilead Alberta's Commercial API Process Optimization (CAPO) department.
This individual will assist, primarily from lab based activities, process chemistry activities for pharmaceutical APIs. These activities will include scale-down model development and qualification, process optimization, robustness studies, formal process characterization and risk assessments, and process validation. In addition, this individual will support process technology transfer activities, due diligence, and facility fit assessment for internal and external manufacturing facilities.
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
- Collaborates with team members to solve API process manufacturing problems.
- Plans and executes assigned experiments that support Process Development activities and project goals.
- Executes reactions and makes observations during reaction, work-up and isolation.
- Selects appropriate methods and techniques in performing experiments.
- Recommends alternatives, researches new methods and techniques and proactively seeks out senior personnel to discuss potential solutions to problems.
- Effectively interprets data, draws conclusions and communicates results to project and leadership teams
- Uses good verbal communication and interpersonal skills to provide insight into the processes used to achieve results of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize anomalous and inconsistent results and interpret experimental outcomes.
- Demonstrates skills in data analysis (e.g. UPLC, HPLC, NMR, mass spec, etc.) and ability to evaluate quality of data.
- Works with collaborative communication and problem solving spirit.
- Always works with safety in mind.
- 2+ years of industry experience (medicinal/process chemistry preferred) with BSc in a relevant scientific discipline.
- 0+ years of experience with MSc degree - Chemistry (organic chemistry focus).
- Familiarity with modern purification and analytical techniques, including HPLC, LCMS, NMR.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
To apply, please submit resume through our website at www.gilead.com
Gilead is an equal opportunity employer.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Canada---Alberta---Edmonton/Sr-Research-Associate-I--Process-Development_R0020964
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency