Faculty Positions in Faculty of Life and Health Sciences, SIAT
1. About Shenzhen Institute of Advanced Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Shenzhen Institute of Advanced Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences (SIAT) is co-founded by the Shenzhen Municipal Government and Chinese Academy of Sciences, relying on the basis of Shenzhen Advanced Technology Institute, in deep cooperation. SIAT is committed to building a world-leading research-oriented university underpinned by well-established disciplines of sciences and led by pioneering technologies. The new university is located in Shenzhen, a vibrant and cosmopolitan city with a rapidly growing technology sector.
2. About The Faculty of Life and Health Sciences
The Faculty of Life and Health Sciences (FLHS) at SIAT has been proposed to set up four departments, including Department of Biology, Department of Neuroscience, Department of Mental Health and Public Health, and Interdisciplinary Center for Bio-Intelligence (Bio-Intelli X).
- The Department of Biology explores fundamental biological questions at all levels, from molecular structure to human disease. A unifying goal is to understand life at diverse scales and to alleviate human disease
- The Department of Neuroscience aims to understand the structure and function of the nervous system, and to investigate the neural substrates of behavior and cognition, and to explore the molecular mechanisms for neural development and function, and the molecular underpinnings of neurological diseases
- The Department of Mental Health and Public Health is committed to using a variety of tools at multiple levels to reveal and to understand how cognitive and emotional disorders lead to mental illness, and to find new technologies and methods on prevention and intervention of major epidemics and pandemics
- Interdisciplinary Center for Bio-Intelligence (Bio-Intelli X) has a highly interdisciplinary academic environment that fosters research and teaching on the border between brain science and other fields, including computer science, biology, physics, and engineering, to explore the nature of intelligence and to address big data challenges in life science and biomedicine
Upholding the vision “Explore the laws of nature with persistence, Pursue the truth of science with rigor”, FLHS aims to develop cutting-edge interdisciplinary disciplines of life sciences, and to investigate the essence of life and intelligence sciences. FLHS is dedicated to cultivating innovative and versatile students to possess social responsibility, science literacy, entrepreneurial skills, and global perspectives. The ultimate mission of FLHS is to promote health of all human beings.
3. General Requirements and Benefit Eligibility
The FLHS seeks applicants for faculty positions at the rank of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor, Distinguished Professor and Chair Professor. All positions require a PhD. degree in life sciences or a related discipline and an outstanding research track record. Relevant postdoctoral experience is highly desirable. The successful applicant will be expected to obtain external funding to conduct research and help guide research efforts in their areas of expertise. In addition to research, the candidate will be expected to demonstrate excellence in teaching through contributions to the education and training of undergraduate and graduate students, and engaging in scholarly activities and social service.
Startup fund and starting salary will be internationally competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Housing and medical benefits will also be provided.
To apply, please submit the following key application materials (in one PDF file) to email@example.com with a subject line “Name + Department + Position”. Screening of applicants will begin immediately. Review of applications is on a rolling basis with no deadlines, until all the positions are filled. Please also notify us of the source of information you heard from us. (Nature, Science, ResearchGate, etc.)
Key Application Materials
- Full CV
- Cover Letter
- Personal Statement, that addresses your specific interests and expertise and demonstrates strength or potential in teaching at the college level
- Academic archives of Web of Science or Google Scholar (including h-index, citation)
- A minimum of three Letters of Recommendation, from senior faculty with a detailed knowledge of your research and/or academic background and potential for independent research
3.1 Department of Biology
The Department of Biology invites applications for faculty positions at all ranks, in any field of, but are not limited to, botany, microbiology, genomics and proteomics, epigenetics, RNA biology, systems and computational biology, stem cell biology, super-resolution microscopy, chemical biology, and translational medicine. Teaching experience is preferred but not essential.
3.2 Department of Neuroscience
The Department of Neuroscience invites applications for faculty positions at all ranks. Candidates are expected to have a PhD/MD in Neuroscience or related fields, with a strong research background in molecular, cellular, systems or behavioral neuroscience. Candidates, with a background in basic and computational Neuroscience and/or medical applications as well as brain diseases., are strongly preferred. Teaching experience in neuroscience is preferred but not essential.
3.3 Department of Mental Health and Public Health
The Department of Mental Health and Public Health invites applications for faculty positions at all ranks. The Department is particularly interested in candidates with strong backgrounds and experience in psychology, cognitive science, psychiatry, human behaviors, neurology and public health. Teaching experience in mental health and public health or related field is strongly preferred.
3.4 Interdisciplinary Center for Bio-Intelligence (Bio-Intelli X)
Bio-Intelli X invites applications for faculty positions at all ranks. Applicants should have a PhD or equivalent degree in biology, physics, computer science, biomedical engineering, or related fields with demonstrated excellence in interdisciplinary research. Successful applicants are expected to embark on independent, original research in a collegial environment and contribute to the innovative teaching of a diverse student body.
Apply for Faculty Positions in Faculty of Life and Health Sciences, SIAT
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly