Associate Scientist, Mammalian Expression Core
Associate Scientist, Mammalian Expression Core
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
At Gilead, we strive to transform the promise of science and technology into therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based biopharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, and inflammation and respiratory diseases.
We are growing a diverse team of professionals and an atmosphere of inclusion across departments. We need your unique talents, expertise and background to help millions of people around the world live healthier. Join a close community where every voice is heard - where you can see and measure the results of your contributions.
Our values - integrity, inclusion, teamwork, accountability and excellence - are evident in everything we do.
Associate Scientist/Sr. Associate Scientist - Mammalian Expression Core, Protein Sciences
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with solid tissue culture expertise to join the mammalian protein expression core team. The successful candidate will join our team to conduct scale-up protein production from hybridoma culture, transient transfection and/or stable cell line to support ongoing and novel target discovery in our biologics pipeline. The candidate will be responsible for weekly maintenance of multiple cell lines, execution of mammalian transfection in multiple platforms and management of cell culture consumable inventory. He/She will be part of the team effort in advancing our technology platform in mammalian expression core function. The candidate should have in-depth knowledge of operating WAVE Bioreactor or Single Use Bioreactor system. Experience in optimizing challenging target expression as well as unconventional IgG like biologic molecule is a plus. The candidate is responsible to optimize current protocols and develop new processes to achieve high productivities and qualities of recombinant protein to support multiple projects in parallel. Experience in automation to achieve high throughput expression platform is preferred. Strong organization skills and multi-tasking ability in a fast-paced team is a must.
- Independently designs, executes and characterizes mammalian cell culture process to express multiple targets to meet project need with minimal supervision.
- Performs systematic analysis of quality of expressed protein with appropriate techniques such as Octet, SDS-PAGE, HPLC, western blot etc.
- Independently employ relevant instruments , e.g. FACS, to characterize protein expression when appropriate.
- Provides expertise to recommend alternative strategy to resolve expression issues of challenging molecular formats.
- Conduct stable cell line generation using conventional and/or novel strategy to support screening effort and enhance our protein production capacity.
- Prepare and deliver scientific presentations to project teams to update findings.
- Proactively develop and update SOP to advance team processes.
- Work collaboratively with team to provide pertinent support for fulfilling team function.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- The candidate should demonstrate in-depth knowledge of mammalian protein expression and hands-on experience of using multiple platforms for transfection including lentivirus.
- Prior experience of handling and manipulation of a variety of transfection host is a plus.
- The candidate should possess working knowledge in WAVE Bioreactor and/or bench top bioreactor.
- Maintains familiarity with scientific literature in new technologies in mammalian protein expression, proactively research new methods and techniques to promote process efficiency and product quality.
- Be able to communicate experimental rationale, strategies and results to peers and team members and troubleshoot expression issues
- Be proficient in data analysis and able to draw conclusion and explain anomalies.
- Collaborate with team member to transfer process and media to support downstream functions.
- Experience in operation of liquid handling system is a plus.
- He/she should be able to work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively in a team setting to execute high quality experiment in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities and timeline.
- The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be self-motivated.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline and 9+ years of relevant experience or a master's degree with 8+ years of experience.
- Mastery of molecular biology techniques and flow cytometry is a must, such as qPCR, DNA, and/or RNA purification.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Scientist--Mammalian-Expression-Core_R0020849-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency