Director, Leadership Development and Marketing Training
Commercial Learning and Development, Director, Leadership Development and Marketing Training Development
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Commercial Learning and Development Director, Leadership Development and Marketing Training Development
The CL+D Director of Leadership Development and Marketing Training, will be responsible for designing and shaping the training curriculum for new and experienced US Gilead Marketers, and support curriculum development for Executive Leadership. Extensive experience in training curricula development and training execution are required. Marketing experience is preferred.
Roles and Responsibilities: Director, Leadership Development and Marketing Training
The successful Director must possess experience and skills in curriculum development in leadership development and/or marketing training, project management, executive presence, facilitation, and an understanding of key adult learning principles. The ideal candidate would also have a solid understanding of the skills needed to be an effective first line manager as demonstrated through previous successful leadership experience. The successful candidate will be passionate, creative, innovative, and a strong cross-functional collaborator. They will work to advance and enhance the existing marketing training curricula and collaborate strategically with their Global Marketing Training counterpart. They will support the build out of an Executive Leadership training curricula and work cross functionally with Executive and Senior leaders in sales and marketing.
- Ability to plan and manage numerous projects and promote collaboration, partnerships and relationships among the participants in a design project
- Analyze the characteristics of the business environment and develop customized training
- Analyze the characteristics of existing and emerging technologies and leverage them appropriately
- Research and utilize technology to enhance operational efficiencies
- Plan and promote organizational change when applicable
- Apply business skills to managing agency partners
- Apply business and financial management skills to managing a budget
- Monitor and maintain alignment of a strategic training plan while balancing short-term and long-term business goal
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills in order to lead, interact with, focus, resolve conflict, and drive consensus among individuals across the organization
- Effectively present and facilitate marketing and leadership training programs
- Manage training design and curricula development projects by promoting collaboration, partnerships, and relationships among the participants in a design project
- The ability to lead in a matrix organization
- Recommends marketing and executive leadership training programs and manages the design and delivery of content
- Serves as CL+D lead for the Commercial Rotation Program; RotationLEAD
- Collaborate with Global learning & development partners to explore and leverage synergies
- Partners with senior members of various internal departments to ensure that CL+D understands the strategic vision of key stakeholders
- Uses broad strategic thinking to analyze the characteristics of varying business environments and develop training programs to support the needs of stakeholders
- Analyze the return on investment for training expenditures and make appropriate changes to ensure training remains relevant and valuable to the business
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Requires BS/BA degree with a concentration in Science, Education, Business or Marketing.
- Minimum of 12 years of relevant Training and/or Sales and/or Sales Management experience in biotech or pharmaceutical fields
- Previous experience and track record of success as a first line manager or marketer
- MS or MBA degree is desirable.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/XMLNAME---Commercial-Learning-and-Development-Director--Marketing-Training_R0019545
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency