The Fishman Lab is seeking a Scientist who will oversee the operations of the laboratory; develop and manage foundational research projects in zebrafish, especially generation of transgenic and knockout fish related to two projects, one in social behavior and the other the brain-body axis; and help in collaborations with investigators in other labs, including at Harvard and Janelia.
More specifically, Scientist will:
- Help to supervise experiments and infrastructure of the lab, including microscopy, injection, aquaculture, and genetic and protein analyses.
- Directly participate in experiments, especially generation of transgenic and knockout fish, including generation of appropriate constructs, and genotyping;
- Independently plan, perform, and analyze experiments, and collaborate with PI on writing papers and grants;
- Serve as technical resource to undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate trainees and provide insight, advice and guidance on experimental zebra fish technologies.
- Supervise and train lab support staff and oversee day-to-day operations of the laboratory.
- PhD in biology, genetics, developmental biology, molecular biology, biochemistry or similar field.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
Experience with zebrafish, including genetics and transgenesis.
We invite individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences and abilities to be a part of our community