Pfizer's Cell Line Development (CLD) organization is seeking a highly motivated and highly qualified candidate to be a technical leader, in a lab-based Senior Scientist role. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to perform platform technology development activities, which advances Pfizer's biotherapeutics pipeline toward clinical and commercial development. The position will be involved in the advancement of the entire biologics portfolio, including mammalian recombinant protein expression, viral vectors and other modalities, as well as novel technology and process optimization programs. Additional skillsets in mammalian cell biology, including cell culture maintenance, clone screening, flow cytometry, and cell line characterization are also desired. The successful candidate will help to design and drive innovative improvements to CLD technologies, practices and infrastructure to ensure successful delivery of the project portfolio and continuous technology improvements. In addition, experience with systems biology, synthetic biology, bioinformatics, and/or automation technologies is desired.Responsibilities
- Be a key member of the CLD team that will support the execution of both technology development and pipeline projects.
- Demonstrate outstanding communication and presentation skills, a documented ability to troubleshoot technical issues, an ability to plan and carry out experiments independently, and to work with complex instrumentation and software.
- Effectively document all lab activities in notebooks/elsewhere as required and appropriate, in a timely fashion; author technical reports as needed and contribute to posters and publications as appropriate.
- Evaluate data and provide clear reports that can be shared and transferred to and from cross-functional teams; responsible for clear communication in both written and oral forms.
- Adherence to safety protocols and knowledge of basic laboratory procedures to advance projects under rapidly shifting priorities and timelines.
- Work closely with groups outside of the CLD organization to advance portfolio and technology development initiatives.
- Work with and contribute to associated regulatory filing activities.
- Support laboratory activities by monitoring lab equipment and maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
- Requires Ph.D. in cell/molecular biology or related field with 0-4 years' experience, a Master's Degree with 7+ years' experience or Bachelor's Degree with 9+ years of experience in the area of mammalian cell line development and/or molecular biology.
- Highly productive, technical scientist and leader, who applies extensive technical and scientific knowledge as well as practical experience to deliver high quality results to drive delivery of CLD programs.
- Substantial experience with molecular biology including:
- plasmid construction, preparation and analysis
- cDNA and genomic DNA preparation, sequencing (Sanger and Next Gen)
- DNA electrophoresis as well as Northern and Southern analyses
Additional Job Details:
- Experience with mammalian cell culture techniques is highly desired, especially for the production of viral vectors (AAV or other)
- Growth potential to take on larger leadership roles
- Self-motivated individual who works well in a team setting
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Last Date to Apply: July 26, 2021
- Eligible for Relocation Assistance
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: Yes
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development