Internationally recognized as a leader in neurological surgery, Mayfield Clinic has forged a rich and lasting heritage through technical innovation, research and a commitment to patient care. We’re looking for an experienced Medical Writer to join us at The Mayfield Surgical Innovation Center located in Cincinnati, Ohio. You will work with our team and assist in the writing and management of abstracts, manuscripts and grants generated through our Clinical Research Program. Duties include:
- Assisting principal investigators and Mayfield authors in the analysis of data and the drafting of research abstracts, manuscripts and grants
- Guiding publication planning alongside COE directors, aligning academic publication activity with big data strategies
- Working with Medical Editor and Art Director to ensure that text, tables and figures are accurate, complete and clear
- Using the appropriate style guide specified
- Advising authors concerning projects that use qualitative research or those requiring statistical analysis
- Performing literature searches when needed, drafting protocols, guiding the collection of data and analysis and providing drafts under the guidance of the PI
- Taking part in internal peer reviews and working with writing team in study design, collection and interpretation of data and defining study results
- Providing regular updates to the neuroscience community
- BA/BS degree biological sciences, English, clinical research or communications; advanced degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in similar role required; 5+ years preferred
- Knowledge of GPP3 and ICMJE, as well as other best practices in medical writing preferred
- Excellent medical writing and editing skills and the ability to convey clinical data in a clear, concise manner
- AMWA professional certification preferred
- HIPPA compliance
- Computer proficient in Word, Excel, Approach and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational and communication skills
The Mayfield Clinic
The Mayfield Clinic of Cincinnati, Ohio, has treated hundreds of thousands of patients since its establishment in 1937. Our associates enjoy pleasant work environments and flexible work schedules, competitive salaries and benefits and robust profit sharing/401(k) retirement planning. Mayfield provides recognition and rewards programs, associate activities and honors programs and generous holiday/vacation schedules.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating Medical Writer as the position.
Mayfield Clinic is an Equal Opportunity Employer.