The editorial group of Wiley is offering Assistant Editor positions based in our Beijing or Shanghai offices for our internationally-renowned food science and nutrition journals, including Molecular Nutrition and Food Research. As part of an international team of editors, the focus of this role is on evaluating manuscripts, handling peer review, and making decisions on which manuscripts to accept for publication. You will also gain on-the-job experience in many different aspects of author services, such as the acquisition and development of journal content, networking with researchers at institutes and conferences to stay in touch with the latest science and develop strong links with the research community, and working with authors and referees from all over the world.
How will you make an impact:
- Manage peer-review for Wiley in-house journals
- Utilize the ScholarOne Manuscripts system
- Network with the global scientific and industrial communities
- Represent Wiley and journals at conferences and institute visits
- Acquire articles to further improve the journal profiles
- Cooperate with global in-house editorial colleagues
- Facilitate a shared editorial mission and coherent journal strategy, participating in regular meetings with colleagues and other editors
- Support related journals as required, Advanced Science News and other related portal and social media initiatives
- Cooperate with other author services, marketing, and account management colleagues to drive China business
We are looking for people who:
- PhD in any area of life sciences or related areas like biochemistry, biotechnology and biopolymers. Food science and nutrition are ideal disciplines for this role. Basic knowledge in molecular biology techniques preferred
- Native Mandarin speaker with excellent English (written and oral)
- Ideally experience in scientific publishing and evaluation of scientific work
- Good and fast grasp of the main aspects of scientific publications
- Interest in scientific journalism
- Team player, strong communication skills, willingness to travel.
At Wiley, we welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and embrace people who get excited about learning whether online or by book. Learning is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion. It’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns. Wiley is a diverse, global organization and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company’s headquarters are in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.