Pfizer's ECD Statistics is looking for a statistician with an interest in preclinical statistics and collaborating with research scientists in drug discovery and development. The candidate will work closely with laboratory scientists seeking to discover new medicines in a variety of therapeutic areas by supporting the design and analysis of preclinical experiments, covering all aspects of drug discovery from disease target identification, pharmacology studies, animal model development, biomarker development and demonstration of proof-of-concept. The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in understanding drug target biology to provide effective statistical consultation with biological scientists.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with preclinical laboratory scientists across research units (Immunology & Inflammation, Internal Medicine, Rare Disease, CTI) to design and analyze experiments.
- Summarize statistical analyses in reports and presentations.
- Bring innovative statistical thinking and methods to help drive the enhanced quantitative drug discovery and development paradigm within Pfizer.
- Ensure rigorous approaches are taken to ensure good scientific practices are followed: excellent statistical methods utilized and documented in protocols, analysis plans and manuscripts, and assay methods are appropriately blinded, randomized and designed.
- Serve as a core member of scientific teams responsible for determining strategy and delivering results in a timely and high-quality manner.
- Understand the target biology and improve existing biomarkers, endpoints, derive new endpoints, and develop fit-for-purpose statistical models.
- Where possible, standardize processes and methodologies within and across therapeutic areas.
- Provide statistical skills on regulatory submissions and ensure quality of deliverables.
- PhD in a quantitative field preferred or MS degree in a quantitative field with 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Interest in biology is essential, bachelor's or graduate-level training preferred.
- Capability to provide statistical direction to cross-functional teams.
- Ideal candidate will understand design of experiments, assay development, and statistical applications for preclinical research.
- Technical competence in statistical techniques.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work collaboratively with research scientists.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a part of a team.
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Previous preclinical/non-clinical statistics experience.
- Strong computational skills in R, knowledge in SAS. Knowledge of databases and additional hardware/software.
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
- Eligible for Relocation Package
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.