Head of Human Resources
The mission of CeMM, the Research Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Sciences is to achieve maximum scientific innovation in molecular medicine to improve healthcare. At CeMM, an international and creative team of scientists and medical doctors pursues free-minded basic life science research in a large and vibrant hospital environment of outstanding medical tradition and practice. CeMM’s research is based on post-genomic technologies and focuses on societally important diseases, such as immune disorders and infections, cancer and metabolic disorders. CeMM operates in a unique mode of super-cooperation, connecting biology with medicine, experiments with computation, discovery with translation, and science with society and the arts. The goal of CeMM is to pioneer the science that nurtures the precise, personalized, predictive and preventive medicine of the future. CeMM trains a modern blend of biomedical scientists and is located at the campus of the General Hospital and the Medical University of Vienna. More than 150 people from 49 nationalities are working at CeMM.
We are looking for an expert to lead our human resources team, and to further develop a strong, future-oriented HR strategy, while being a sparring partner for our management.
Head of Human Resources (m/f/d) Full-time position, 40 hours/week
As HR professional you would like to set new standards in Human Resources, recruiting and training at CeMM for our international scientists and administrative and technical staff. Together with the CeMM HR team, you will design and take care of professional job announcements, hiring and employment processes, the onboarding and offboarding of employees, you will oversee the time recording system and issue contracts and amendments. With competence, vision and a pronounced sense of responsibility, you will oversee your diverse area of responsibility, with a constant effort to further develop personnel management processes, as well as strengthening the institute as an innovative, international and fair employer in a demanding, academic environment. Your work style can be described as goal-oriented and precise; you are an experienced manager and appreciate to interact with individuals from different countries and cultures. With your daily work you make a significant contribution to the success of the research institute, as finding, promoting and accompanying exceptional talents is the basis of successful international research.
Your tasks and duties in this position are
- Leading, motivating and inspiring our HR team
- Giving strategic advice and working closely with our administrative director, as well as the scientific and administrative group leaders
- Coordinating the tasks of the HR team with managerial responsibility for all HR agendas, from job postings to the offboarding of employees
- Creation of offers, issuing of employment contracts, contract amendments and terminations
- Salary calculations
- Acting as interface to the external payroll services
- Overseeing the Sage/DPW time recording system and the administration of employee data
- Participation in recruiting events and complex hiring processes
- Professional support for our researchers in bringing in working and residence permits
- Cooperation with the PhD and Pre-ERC PostDoc Program Manager for the joint development of CeMM-wide training programs
- Coordination with the finance department regarding the financing of personnel costs and cost centers, as well as participation in the annual year-end closings
- Coordination with the PR department regarding CeMM career website, information material, giveaways
- Independent takeover and initiation of new projects in the HR area
- Representation of CeMM in national and international HR and training networks
- Successfully completed commercial, legal or scientific education
- Several years of professional experience in a responsible position in human resources or training with a high degree of independence
- Ideally you gained experience in an international setting, an academic or research-related environment
- Excellent German and English skills
- Knowhow in labor law
- Experience with salary calculation
- Very good MS Office skills
- Knowledge of Sage/DPW and LGV + is an advantage
- Ability to set priorities and to adapt them, if necessary
- Problem-solving attitude and professional leadership skills
- High sense of responsibility, accuracy and discretion
- Interest in science and medicine
- An appreciative and international environment with employees from more than 45 nations
- Interesting, ambitious job in a renowned top biomedical research center
- The opportunity to help shape activities and standards at CeMM and to further develop yourself
- Modern workplace in a central location with very good connections to the public transport network
- Participation in team sport activities and social events at CeMM
- Daily financial support for the in-house cafeteria
- This 40 hours/week full-time position is endowed with a minimum gross salary of EUR 4,500 per month, according to appropriate qualification.
We look forward to your online application at https://cemm.jobbase.io/job/nqpkxznx.
Application period: 19.7.-31.8.2021. Your application documents should consist of an informative letter of motivation, your curriculum vitae and contact details of reference persons.
A multi-stage application process is planned for this management position.
For more information about CeMM, please visit: www.cemm.at