The candidate will be an essential member of the CTI-West Biology Group. They will use their assay development expertise to design and execute experiments to address aspects of basic and translational biology of drug targets, molecular pathways, and relevance to human disease. The candidate will assist with the evaluation, characterization, and validation of the mechanism of action of antibody, protein and/or small molecule drug candidates. A variety of cellular, biochemical and pharmacological methods will be employed using human cell lines and primary cells to effectively translate innovative ideas into drugs.
The individual will participate in strategic discussions, supports other scientists in executing the plan, coordinates program activities, and aligns stakeholders, both internal and external, to meet timelines and advance the program through the pipeline. The ideal applicant will have extensive experience in basic research, assay development, drug screening and a desire to continue in a laboratory-focused role. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of scientific productivity as evidenced by publication in journals and ability to participate in a highly matrixed and innovative research environment.
The applicant will function as a member of multidisciplinary project teams. They will present results and recommendations at local project team and related meetings as well as potentially lead these proceedings and/or teams.The candidate will collaborate closely with other members of CTI-California, CTI and Pfizer scientists at other sites, and our academic partners to ensure meeting aggressive project deliverables. The candidate is expected to embrace and embody the entrepreneurial spirit and biotech-like culture, values and goals of the CTI and contribute to creating an exciting, collaborative, productive and scientifically rigorous working environment.QUALIFICATIONS
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum PhD (+3 yrs) /MS (+5 yrs) in cancer biology, cell biology, immunology, molecular biology, infectious disease, or related field
- Experience conducting laboratory research in an academic or pharmaceutical setting
- Strong background in cell biology, cell-based assay development, and/or molecular pathways analysis
- Previous experience in drug development in pharma and/or biotech environment is preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and highly organized in terms of goal setting and achieving
- Ability to succeed in a small, interactive, non-traditional drug-discovery environment
- Expertise and hands-on experience in assay development methods including cellular and biochemical assay development and execution
- Immunophenotyping and multiparameter flow cytometry experience is preferred
- Experience with primary human cells and cell lines is required
- Ability to design, execute and interpret results in a primarily autonomous manner
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development