We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to participate in the Pfizer WRD postdoctoral program. The postdoctoral fellow will work with mentors and Pfizer colleagues to investigate a key protein involved in the pathogenesis of NASH. Under the guidance of research mentors, the successful candidate will drive the project forward with individual effort and independent study. The postdoc candidate should be independent and highly motivated with a keen interest in metabolic disease and liver metabolism.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and perform studies and interpret results
- Develop and implement independent research ideas
- Produce high quality data that will lead to first author publication(s) in high impact journals
- Critically analyze experimental data, summarize and present results at internal and external meetings
- Collaborate effectively with Pfizer colleagues in other disciplines
- Ensure all tasks and responsibilities are performed according to scientific and ethical standards and correctly documented in lab notebook
- Recent PhD in biology, cell biology, biochemistry, or related field with demonstrated productivity in independent research (first author publication submitted/published in a high-quality peer-reviewed journal).
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic molecular, cellular and biochemical techniques required including some of the following: RNA/protein isolation from cells & tissues, qRT-PCR, Western blot, ELISA, immunostaining, flow cytometry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Other Job Details:
- Experience in rodent handling is preferred.
- Experience in lipid metabolism and/or lipid droplet research is preferred.
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development