Associate Scientist, Drug Metabolism
Associate Scientist, Drug Metabolism
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA) is seeking a talented and highly motivated Associate Scientist to join our Drug Metabolism group. Our collaborative and interdisciplinary research team utilizes state-of-the-art technologies and innovative methodologies to advance medicines into the clinic. The successful candidate is to conduct absorption, distribution, metabolism, excretion (ADME) studies with focus on drug transporters to support the discovery and development of drugs candidates. She/he will have opportunities for career growth through acquisition of new skills, experiences, and professional relationships in a fast-paced and resource-rich environment.
- Develop in vitro assays and independently generate high quality data to support drug discovery and development.
- Culturing, testing, and validating cell or assay systems and ensuring cleanliness of tissue culture labs.
- Perform bioanalysis of structurally diversified small molecules for cell-based assays and develop fit-for-purpose sample preparation protocols and analytical methods by liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry.
- Execute, analyze, and interpret in vitro data to understand the ADME properties of small molecules in supporting discovery and development programs.
- Maintain good documentation practices including laboratory notebooks, protocols, and reports writing; present data in team/project meetings as necessary.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Highly motivated individual trained in pharmaceutical sciences, chemistry, bioanalysis, or biomedical science related fields with 5+ cell-based assay development experience.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and technical communication, independent thinking, with the ability to interpret results, troubleshoot and present data.
- Ability to work in a team oriented, innovative and fast-pace environment focusing on discovery and development of new drugs for treatment of life-threatening diseases.
- Expertise and experience in one or more of the following areas are required:
1. Proficient in cell maintenance with hands-on experience in culturing primary and recombinant cell lines and developing cell-based assays, cultured in plate or in suspension.
2. Skillful in running gene and enzyme assays and related sample preparations.
3. Familiar with LC-MS/MS-based analytical methods and sample preparation for small molecule analysis using liquid handling equipment, and LC-MS/MS instruments.
4. Prior experience and knowledge in transporter assays (i.e. uptake/efflux transport and sandwich-cultured hepatocyte assays) and DMPK concepts to support ADME studies is a plus.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Research-Associate--Drug-Metabolism_R0020884-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency